jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

What books have changed your life?

1. recossio profile image60
    recossioposted 4 years ago

I am preparing a Hub with a list of the books that have changed my life, that is the way I see the world and the people around me, and it got me thinking: what books have changed your lives? Looking forward to your answers.

1. 0
      Motown2Chitownposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I have three.

East of Eden by John Steinbeck
      Hinds' Feet on High Places by Hannah Hurnard
      To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee

Best of luck with the hub. smile

2. vimier profile image61
      vimierposted 4 years ago in reply to this

My life changing book is The Top 100 Zone Diet Foods. This book influenced me to completely change my diet and my way of life.

3. anagham profile image60
      anaghamposted 4 years ago in reply to this

The one book that changed my life is The secret by Rhonda Byrne

2. 0
    ksinllposted 4 years ago

That's a great idea for a hub.  For me it was The Bridge of San Luis Rey by Thornton Wilder.  It is a book that talks about many types of relationships, not just romantic love, and how it transforms a person and the course of their life.  So many good quotables in that book.

I also liked The Mind and the Brain.  It talks about the intersection between your physical brain and willpower.  It showed that OCD patients could actually to some extent reverse the wiring of their brain and set up new patterns of behavior.

3. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 4 years ago

I have a pair of books which I was invited to receive. These two books are the most intriguing, rational and exciting things I've ever had the pleasure to read.

I'm not much of reader actually, but when I pick them up and read through them(this is done repeatedly), I always find something to improve upon. wink

4. FatFreddysCat profile image94
    FatFreddysCatposted 4 years ago

The "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" series by Douglas Adams

5. madisondavis512 profile image61
    madisondavis512posted 4 years ago

Charles Dickens' "A Tale of Two Cities". Madame Defarge is such an interesting antagonist for me. His literary techniques are to die for.

6. 0
    KDuBarry03posted 4 years ago

I read "Jason's Gold" and "Down The Yukon", by Will Hobbs, when I was 12. These books definitely changed my life.