jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

People moving on..

1. Shelleelyn profile image73
    Shelleelynposted 4 years ago

How is it that we, as human beings, are so adaptable to change? It's like we know we're going to lose certain battles.

I thought I'd seen the worst of my pain, but there'd be more to come. Everyone has an exit strategy, what was mine? Surely not what I had expected. Is this the way things were supposed to turn out or did I mix things up a little too much this time..

1. Cagsil profile image60
      Cagsilposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Many people are 'fearful' of change. Thus, not adaptable without being forced to change. This is each person's individual inability to understand their own life and/or life in general.
      No one knows they are going to lose certain battles. But, many people can guess at the outcome.
      You cannot find happiness without first enduring pain.
      It just means you've the inability to know yourself.
      Between choosing ignorance, ego and a lack of understanding is what caused you to let things turn out the way they did turn out.

2. Chris Neal profile image85
      Chris Nealposted 4 years ago in reply to this

To some extent I agree with Michememe. Adaptability is rarely an proactive process and more just a kind of surrender to the inevitable. Society tends to put those who seem best able to make the world bend to them on a pedestal, but I think that more often than not, those people simply can't look at reality.

The worst of my pain is yet to come, and I know two things for sure: 1) that I will be devastated by it when it comes and 2) I will "adapt" to it because I have a family and life goes on.

2. michememe profile image76
    michememeposted 4 years ago

I don't think human beings are that adaptable to change, what we know is that we can't fight the inevitable. So we go along with what's going to happen anyway. We are suppose to lose battles in an effort to grow, there is a lesson in everything.

1. Shelleelyn profile image73
      Shelleelynposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I am starting to feel the same.. We are human and we can see the light at the ends of tunnels..

2. Cagsil profile image60
      Cagsilposted 4 years ago in reply to this

This statement is a prime example of the religious population and untrue. The only two things which have proven to be inevitable is "death" and "taxes". tongue
      Another prime example of the religious folk in this world. If it happens it was G/god's will. lol lol
      Obstacles are to be overcame through those failures.

working