jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (11 posts)

What are the points to be considered when write a hub?

1. laadhy profile image61
    laadhyposted 4 years ago

What are the points and main areas need to be considered when wrting a good quality hub?

1. vocalcoach profile image94
      vocalcoachposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Great question.  Quality content is #1. And the title of course, drives readers to your hub so be sure to add a key word. And speaking of words, make sure they are all spelled correctly. Avoid long paragraphs and use capsules to break up the lenghty ones.

Be as original as possible as you're developing your writing style. Use photos to help the reader to visulaize your point. Keep it all clean and avoid to many links.

Last but certainly not least - visit the Learning Center for the best answer to your question.

1. Laurinzo Scott profile image69
        Laurinzo Scottposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Very good question laadhy, and very good answer vocal. I am new on here, and have so much to learn. Appreciate your answer very much.

laadhyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thank you Laurinzo Scott

2. laadhy profile image61

Great answer vocalcoach. thanx

2. 0
    beaddveposted 4 years ago

Content is always number 1. My idea is always boring, so I bring some non-related idea to my content and makes it interesting.

3. Tusitala Tom profile image90
    Tusitala Tomposted 4 years ago

Firstly, that a topic has arisen in your mind that you wish to write about and feel that at least some others would be interested enough to read about it is the major criterion.  You hope, of course, that many people will.

Then you have to bear in mind that this is going to be viewed on a screen and not from the pages of a book, so it's going to be not so much read as 'scanned' quickly to see if it is WORTH a read.   This means fairly short passages with plenty of headers.  Pictures need to be thrown in, too.  Our attention span is short where Hubs are concerned.  So we need to avoid long, long pieces of writing and nothing else.

Yes, there is a helluva difference between reading a hub and, say, my picking up a book from my bookshelves and opening it up to read.   I can delve into Robert Louise Steveson's 'Treasure Island' and be swept away by the narrative of young Jim Hawkins as he describes his imginations of Long John Silver, without needing a single illustraion, photograph or bold header to keep my attention.

Unfortunately, the modern day computer cannot as yet compete with 'ease on the eye' as the reflected light from a paper page.   Until it does, we have such essays (and they are generally essays) as the Hub on a screen.

So when I write a Hub (I generally do it in Word) I endeavour to keep it reasonably tight, putting one or two paragraphs at a time, then adding the pictures, headers et cetera later.

Great explanation Tusitala Tom.thanx

4. 60
    Tiff Starposted 4 years ago

Thank you that answer is really helpful I'm new here and trying to figure out how to create the best Hubs possible!

5. ahorseback profile image52
    ahorsebackposted 4 years ago

Forgive me for being sarcastic , but make it as boring as possible ,  something to do with how to  blanch your vegetables properly or  How , as a woman , one should go about changing a  flat tire ..I might even suggest  , or perhaps how to annoy people with complete boredom !