jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

A Thousand Splendid Nights

1. marwan asmar profile image78
    marwan asmarposted 4 years ago

I've just finished reading A Thousand Splendid Nights by Khaled Husseini, it was so splendid I couldn't put it down, I was literally eating through the pages. Now here is a great writer fot the cause of Afghanistan. What do you think? How did you see the novel? I identified with the characters, including the bad Rasheed. Did you?

1. lex123 profile image69
      lex123posted 4 years ago in reply to this

It is one of my favorite books. I adore the author for bringing out the emotions of the main characters so well and taking us to the life of people, especially women,  in Afghantistan during 1960s to 2003 .

2. 0
      jomineposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I don't even remember the plot well. Isn't the book in which the illegitimate child is married to an older man?
      I've read both kite runner and thousand splendid suns. The style of writing is ok, the ending a bore and he is just selling the woes of Afganistan.
      But you said splendid nights, is it his new book?

2. mwales28 profile image60
    mwales28posted 4 years ago

I think maybe you meant "A Thousand Spendid Suns" unless he has a new one.  I read both that and the "Kite Runner" and I absolutely loved them.  Both were easy to read and hard to put down.