jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

What would you guys think?

1. 59
    barbarella986posted 4 years ago

I'm new to the HubPages world and interested. I like the concept of it all. All types of writers under a webpage...clever. I've been reading a number of articles/pieces on writing a hub and checking out the Hub world. I've recently moved into an apartment with my boyfriend and another couple...yes, 4-people in about a 960-sq ft, 2-bedroom apartment. I would like to share what it's like living like that, because I've never really heard about 2-couples living together. I was thinking the title would be "Four's Company", kind of like the show Three's Company. I'm just seeing if this would be a good place to chronicle it? If not, does anyone have any websites they think would be a good fit? Thanks to everyone.

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago in reply to this

It sounds like you would be writing a kind of diary.  HubPages is not set up for that kind of thing - although you do have your own sub-domain, it's not at all easy for readers to read your Hubs sequentially. The navigation here is designed to tempt readers away from a single sub-domain, to read widely around the site.

You would be much better to create your own blog - the obvious place being on Blogger, as Cardisa suggested.

2. mwales28 profile image60
    mwales28posted 4 years ago

If you don't mind my honesty.  I think the answer to your question is in the fact that you had no replies and this was posted 13 days ago.  I am new to hubpages and have no yet written my first hub, I guess I am waiting on a magical piece, who knows.  However, when I was reading the "getting started" section they do say not to write a personal blog but more like reviews and opinions and the like.  I would suggest you read that section as well and then maybe create a personal blog.

3. Cardisa profile image91
    Cardisaposted 4 years ago

I have to agree with the previous response. Personal hubs of that nature are not allowed on the site and may be unpublished. The best place to do this sort of thing is blogging or having your own personal website where you can write about any thing. A good place to start of Blogger or WordPress.

4. Tusitala Tom profile image90
    Tusitala Tomposted 4 years ago

Hi, Cardisa.

Hubpages are very liberal in their approach, I think.  You can write about just anything so long as it is not self-promotional (business spam) or insulting or vulgar.  You can write Hubs (essays) but there is no absolute requirement to do this.  You can simply tune in to all the various forum pages and read and write answers - or do both.  Most people do both.

Generally speaking, the more interesting your Hubs are the more readers (followers) you'll attract.  But it cuts both ways.  If you read and comment on other people's work, they'll probably do the same on yours.   You will quite likely find one or two or more really close followers who will befriend you despite their being half a world away geographically.

Hubpages have certainly been one of my favourite ways to write for quite some time now.

1. Cardisa profile image91
      Cardisaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

The rules also state that hubs of a very personal nature are not allowed, however, a lot of people get away with it because people are less likely to flag them. A journal of you living with three other people is personal and that is not allowed. I am sure other hubbers who have been here for longer or staff will agree with me. Hubpages might be liberal but the rules are clear.

1. Patty Inglish, MS profile image90
        Patty Inglish, MSposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I concur that this is absolutely true.

5. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 4 years ago

I think the best thing to do would be to start up a blog... blogger is easy...

1. Cardisa profile image91
      Cardisaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I rest my case    +1