jump to last post 1-15 of 15 discussions (42 posts)

Gerg - HP Writer - Publishes His First Novel

1. profile image0
    klarawieckposted 4 years ago

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/6796061_f248.jpg
    One of our own, Gregory S. Williams (Gerg) has published his first novel: Fatal Indemnity.

His most recent hub "Breathing life into my first novel: Fatal Indemnity," explains the creative process in full detail - his inspiration, his challenges, and his most recent accomplishment.
    Anyone who has followed Greg over the years already knows what a great writer he is. His talent, positive attitude, and perseverance will carry him to unexplored heights. Let his example serve us all as a source of inspiration.

Yesterday, I ordered my copy through createspace and it arrived today, even though I did not ask for overnight shipping. Link to eStore: https://www.createspace.com/3816684 Amazon and Barnes and Noble will have the book available shortly, in both Kindle and hard copy.

I never get tired of saying what a great community Hubpages is. We support and encourage each other to continue down this uncertain path of creativity. I wish you much luck, Greg. Let Destiny do its thing, and hopefully we'll still see you around once you are famous! big_smile

Now, you will excuse me... I'm going back to my reading. I can't put this book down, seriously!

1. Gerg profile image90
      Gergposted 4 years ago in reply to this

What's the emoticon for blushing....?

1. profile image0
        klarawieckposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Sorry, Greg. No blushing allowed! big_smile We're all behind you, my friend!

2. profile image0
      Sophia Angeliqueposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I also self published with createspace. Seriously, though, I sell far more ebooks than I do on createspace. Actually, I've only sold one on createspace, but have lost count on what I've sold through nook and kindle.

I'd be curious to know how he does...smile

1. Gerg profile image90

Through Kindle Direct Publishing or some other?  Just curious.  I had a friend who has done this, and this is what made me want to pull my books out of the e-closet and publish them. He's done several e-books on KDP for .99 each and they do quite well.

1. profile image0
          Sophia Angeliqueposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Through Kindle Direct Publishing. Also, for some reason, I sell far more on Barnes and Noble than I do on Amazon.

1. profile image0

Sophie, have you written any hubs on this? I'm interested in learning more about it.

2. Gerg profile image90

Mine should be on B&N as well.  I was originally planning to wait until all the distribution channels were up to announce, but I have this awesome cheerleader who planted the seed I should just go for it!  Likely within the week it should have the remaining distribution channels, including Kindle.

Sophia, do you publish under your name, or some other?  I'll look you up.

2. Cagsil profile image61
    Cagsilposted 4 years ago

Cool!

Congrats to Gerg!

3. profile image0
    Motown2Chitownposted 4 years ago

Many congratulations, Gerg!

1. Gerg profile image90

Thank you!

4. profile image0

I should have probably cropped that picture. Now everyone's seeing my water bottle! big_smile

1. Nell Rose profile image90
      Nell Roseposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thats great! isn't it wonderful that so many of us are doing the one thing we always wanted to do? brilliant!

5. Randy Godwin profile image94
    Randy Godwinposted 4 years ago

Cool for Gerg!  I hope his novel is a real success!  smile

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/6186572.jpg

1. Gerg profile image90

Thanks Randy!

6. profile image0

Here's the link to the hub he wrote where he talks about the novel. http://gerg.hubpages.com/hub/Fatal-Indemnity

7. Gerg profile image90
    Gergposted 4 years ago

Klara is just an incredible friend and cheerleader!  What can I say?  Thank you for the support.  I've been keeping my head down, not realizing launching this into the ether is probably a significant event. 

I too love the sense of community on HP; thank you all for being so supportive!

Gerg (aka Greg)

1. profile image0

You deserve it. big_smile

8. Cagsil profile image61
    Cagsilposted 4 years ago

You're welcome. I hope it's a great success. smile

1. Gerg profile image90

Thank you, Cagsil.  I write because I love it; it feeds me!  So I already feel successful.  :-)

1. Cagsil profile image61
        Cagsilposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Cool! cool

9. habee profile image91
    habeeposted 4 years ago

Awesome accomplishment!!

1. Gerg profile image90

Thank you, habee!

10. TKs view profile image61
    TKs viewposted 4 years ago

Congradulations, gerg.  As I've just recently discovered your writing, I'll be looking at more of you hubs soon.  I'm happy for your success and dream of a day when I can get my books out there.  Your an inspiration to many of us here on the hub. Will check out your hub about your novel right away.

1. profile image0

TK, yours is next! I can feel it. It's going to happen this year as well. big_smile And you know I'll be the first one to buy it too. big_smile

1. Gerg profile image90

and I'll be right there too, TK!

11. TKs view profile image61
    TKs viewposted 4 years ago

Thanks, klara.  I accept the positive energy you're sending me and await seeing you get published as well.  You are an awesome writer and a light in this world.

1. profile image0

Well, you know how it is, TK. If I beam, then you beam, then Greg beams, Habee beams, and we end up looking like a Christmas tree, with beaming all over the place!
      I have faith that you'll be next. I know it's in the works, or should I say out the door already? You need to give me the details. I want to hear all about it.

1. Gerg profile image90

Giddy-up!  Klara is spot on.

1. profile image0

I'm spot on what? hmm

1. Gerg profile image90

The notion that when we mutually support, there's synergy....

1. profile image0

Next hub's topic... synergy! I don't know a thing about it. But I'm still busy with my reading, so... excuse me... I'll be back later on. smile

1. Gerg profile image90

Sure you do - synergy is the creation of a whole that is greater than the sum of its parts.  You exhibit it by your actions, dear Ms. Wieck...  ;-)

12. Recently Awakened profile image59
    Recently Awakenedposted 4 years ago

That is great for you, Gerg! Congrats!

1. Gerg profile image90

Thank you, RA!

13. shalini sharan profile image60
    shalini sharanposted 4 years ago

i am with you guys, it is great that our fellow hubber is so successful smile

1. Gerg profile image90

Aww - thanks Shalini...

14. CMHypno profile image89
    CMHypnoposted 4 years ago

Congratulations Gerg, what an awesome achievement and I hope that your novel is really successful

1. Gerg profile image90

Many thanks!

15. profile image0

Gerg, who would have thought that spending time alone with you would be so much fun! lol Lol It's definitely you... it reads like you! big_smile
    I might have to get another copy as a collector's item with your signature and dedication, of course! I'm estimating finishing it by Monday or Tuesday the latest. Wonderful... wonderful... wonderful! What a plot! BRAVO, my friend! I'm so proud of you!!!

1. Gerg profile image90

Thank you, my friend.  At some point, I'm supposed to be getting some free copies; one of which I would happily bestow upon my greatest supporter!

G

1. profile image0

So kind of you! big_smile

working