How to Come up with New Ideas to Write about
One of the most challenging issues when you are webmaster, blogger, content publisher, etc, is to continually come up with new ideas for topics that you want to write about. You may have read methods such as brainstorming, mind mapping, etc, online, but in general I find it difficult, as the topics do not come naturally to me. Below I will describe how I find new ideas.
There are 5 primary ways I come up with topics for your articles, posts, hubpages hubs.
1. Make a hub out of each of your school, college assignments, etc that you have saved on your computer. But only the individual work to avoid any legal issues.
2. As you write your hubs, if there is a concept word, etc, you want to go more in detail about then just a definition, but it is not tightly related to the topic of your hub, write it in a new word document so you can remember it later.
4. Always try to keep with you a small folded paper and pen (or at least the SMS feature of your cell phone); anytime something (brushing teeth, walking on street, reading a billboard, etc.) quickly jot down the idea. Pretty much just keep an open mind.
3. What are you most interested in; make a glossary of it, then write a hub about each of your terms on that glossary.
5. When you want to comment on a blog, write a post in a forum and as you write you realize that it is getting long, instead of submitting it as a comment, forum post, etc, write it on your blog or site, and then in the comment or forum post, or yahoo answers, just write something like this: “I have just written a quick article to answer your question/regarding the issue”, and link it to your site (if links are forbidden, simply write in your post’s, article’s URL address).
If you do these things you will start to have new hub ideas coming to you, just make sure you have a folder on your pendrive with a hub ideas, and subfolders within that with names like, researched, edited. This way I now have more then 300 article ideas in my folder at the time of writing this article.
How do YOU come up with new ideas? Please give your tips in the comments section below!
More by this Author
Central banks are independent non-commercial banking institutions usually owned by the country in which it operates. Central banking regulations are very strict and specific. These laws ensure that central bank remain...
There are three revenue sources of Manchester United; matchday revenues, media revenues, and commercial revenues. Match day revenues include incomes received for successful games in cups and leagues. Media revenues...
Share price/Earnings per Share