An inspiring cup- Quotations About Tea
Tea, a legendary leaf that draws a great deal of followers around the world and many has spoken of the virtues and spirit of this infusion. As early as the eight century tea master Lu Yu wrote the first book on the subject, "The Cha Ching" or The Book of Tea.
Great writers and poets of all time have written humorous quotes and thought provoking quotes about this wonderful leaf. Enjoy reading the collection of quotes with a hot cup of tea in hand.
- Tea is such a magical product, perhaps even the eighth wonder of the world. - H. Rahman
- Love and scandal are the best sweeteners of tea. - Henry Fielding
- The goodness of tea is a decision for the mouth to make. - Lu Yu
- Tea is drunk to forget the din of the world. - Tien Yiheng
- Tea to the English is really a picnic indoors. - Alice Walker
I got nasty habits; I take tea at three. - Mick Jagger
- There is no trouble so great or grave that cannot be much diminished by a nice cup of tea. -Bernard-Paul Heroux
Strange how a teapot can represent at the same time the comforts of solitude and the pleasures of company. - Anonymous
You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me. - C. S. Lewis
The spirit of the tea beverage is one of peace, comfort and refinement. - Arthur Gray
Tea will always be the favored beverage of the intellectual. - Thomas De Quincy
- There is great deal of poetry and fine sentiment in a chest of tea. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Each cup of tea represents an imaginary voyage. - Catherine Douzel
- I am in no way interested in immorality, but only in the taste of tea. - Lu Tung
- I am glad I was not born before tea. - William Gladstone
- A cup of tea excels the real. - Lian Ya Tang
- Tea is a religion of the art of life. - Okakura Kakuzo
- If man has no tea in him, he is incapable of understanding truth and beauty - Japanese Proverbs
- If people drank a cup of tea everyday, the pharmacists would starve. - Chinese Proverb
- The best thing about tea, above everything else, is that it lubricates the grey matter. - Anonymous
- Tea is a cup of life. - Anonymous
The cosy fire is bright and gay,
The merry kettle boils away
And hums a cheerful song.
I sing the sauce and the cup;
Pray, Mary, fill the teapot up,
And do not make it strong.
-Barry Pain (1864-1928)
[The Poets at Tea,'Cowper]
Tea Trivia : The Invention of Teabags
We owe this handy invention to Thomas Sullivan, a New York merchant who, in 1904, decided to stop selling loose tea leaves in cans and start selling tea in small handmade silk bags.
His clients discovered that it was not necessary to take the tea out of the bag to prepare the infusion; instead, they could just pour water directly over the bags.
This helped them avoid the hassle of straining the infusion . Thus teabags began to be marketed and were immediately successful, due to their practicality.
More by this Author
A collection of Filipino Riddles (Bugtong) about fruits, with answers.
A collection of Chinese proverbs, that gives a reader a glimpse into the lives of the Chinese people. Their wise sayings are drawn from experience of their daily lives and observation.
Explanations of the different Catholic symbols: these symbols act as badges of faith, teaching tools, and aids on the journey towards an understanding of complex philosophies. Images included.