Collection of Love Quotes
Love is a funny thing to describe. It is easy to feel but it is so slippery to talk about. It is like a bar of soap in the bathtub, you have it in your hand until you hold on too tight and it slips away.
If you are looking for quotations for Valentine's day, Wedding, Anniversary or just to say I Love You, here is a collection of quotes from men and women who have express their thoughts and feelings about this wonderful feeling called LOVE.
- Life has taught us that love does not consist in gazing at each other but in looking outward together in the same direction. -Antoine de Saint-Exupery
- Love has nothing to do with what you are expecting to get - only with what you are expecting to give- which is everything. -Katherine Hepburn
- Love doesn't make the world go round.Love is what makes the ride worthwhile. -Franklin P. Jones
- Love is a fruit in season at all times and within reach of every hand. - Mother Teresa
- Love is the key to the solution of the problems of the world. -Martin Luther King, Jr
- The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved. -Victor Hugo
- Love in your heart wasn't put there to stay. Love isn't love till you give it away. -Oscar Hammerstein
- Love doesn't just sit there, like a stone, it has to be made, like bread; re-made all the time, made new. -Ursula K. Le Guin
- Love is always open arms. If you close your arms about love you will find that you are left holding only yourself. -Leo Buscaglia
Love possesses not nor would it be possessed; For love is sufficient unto love. -Kahlil Gibran
- Love is like a quicksilver in the hand. Leave the fingers open and it stays. Clutch it and it darts away. - Dorothy Parker
- Love cannot be forced, love cannot be coaxed and teased. It comes out of Heaven, unmasked and unsought. - Pearl S. Buck
- We receive love . . not in proportion to our demands or sacrifices or needs, but roughly in proportion to our own capacity to love. - Rollo May
- The simple but observable fact is that the more you love, the more you are able to love. - Joyce Brothers
- We are all born for love, it is the principle of existence and its only end. - Benjamin Disraeli
- To love means to commit oneself without guarantee, to give oneself completely in the hope that our love will produce love in the loved person. - Erich Fromm
- Better to have loved and lost, than never to have loved at all. - Alfred Lord Tennyson
Love is repaid by love alone. - St Therese of Lisieux
- The fate of love is , that it always sees too little or too much.- Amelia E. Barr
- Secretly, we wish anyone we love will think exactly the way we do. - Kim Chernin
- The sweetest joy, the wildest woe is love - Philip James Bailey
- Love is in constant potential and sometimes the mind is the last to know. But the heart may sense from across the room, from across worlds, that the beloved is approaching and the journey of another lifetime is about to begin. - Stephen and Ondrea Levine
Love is content with the present, it hopes for the future and it doesn't brood over the past. - Ann Landers
Come live with me and be my love; and we will all the pleasures prove. - Christopher Marlowe
Love will not always linger longest; with those who hold it in too clenched a fist - Alice Duer Miller
More Quotation Hubs
- Quotations about Life
Searching for life best quotations to inspire you? Check this hub for inspiring sayings from various writers
- Quotations About Travel
A collection of insightful travel quotations.
- Quotations about Birds
A collection of wise words about birds from various sources.
- Photography Quotes
Here is a collection of quotations relating to photography,photographs and photographers. Browse famous quotes and wise words from various writers and from the world's greatest photographers.
More by this Author
A collection of Chinese proverbs, that gives a reader a glimpse into the lives of the Chinese people. Their wise sayings are drawn from experience of their daily lives and observation.
A collection of Filipino Riddles (Bugtong) about fruits, with answers.
Explanations of the different Catholic symbols: these symbols act as badges of faith, teaching tools, and aids on the journey towards an understanding of complex philosophies. Images included.