Advantages and Disadvantages of Solar Power
People have been exploring alternative energy substitute due to the ambiguity of oil prices and unceasing demands for energy. On that note, solar power has been delineated as a great power option. With the help of modern technology, one could easily set up their own solar power system.
Just like any other energy sources, solar power might be an asset or a liability. Before anything else, you should first evaluate the advantages and disadvantages of solar power installation. Will it be more to your advantage or you might be wasting your time?
Advantages of Solar Power
· Unlimited energy resources: The sun is the main source of solar power therefore its resource is immeasurable.The sun emits enough energy every hour to satisfy the energy need of the entire globe for a year. Moreover, the sun has more than enough energy resources to be harnessed and with the help of the advancements in the field of science and technology, now converting the sun's energy into useable electric power is already possible.
· Say goodbye to electric bills: Energy from the sun is totally free of charge. It is very cost-effective since you will be able to save a lot of money once you start using energy through solar power. No need to use fuel or other forms of gasoline hence you don’t have to spend even a dime to get the power going.
· Silent operation with minimal maintenance: After the first installation, there is no need to worry about its maintenance and it will definitely last for a long time. Solar power system operates silently and does not emit a foul smell.
· Eco-friendly: Solar power is a clean and renewable source of energy. It does not emit any forms of pollutants that may degrade the environment.
Disadvantages of Solar Power
- Start-up cost is too costly: Despite the technological advancements, the cost of photovoltaic panels remains very expensive. The size of photovoltaic panel is dependent on the amount of energy to be used and its location in relation to the sun. Although some companies are trying to give consumers a more reasonable price, however its cost remains relatively high up to this day.
- Dependent with climate conditions: Since solar power is very much dependent with energy collection from the sun, efficiency of power collection is greatly affected by weather condition. In addition, power can only be harnessed when there is sunshine therefore, no energy can be collected during the night.
- Accountable for a large storage space: Installation of solar power system requires a larger area to be able to ensure its effectiveness.
The advantages and disadvantages of solar power system only serve as a guideline to those who are looking for a good substitute for their current source of power. It is very much evident that you could greatly benefit from the use of solar power though you can never disregard the fact that it has its limitations as well.
Using a diy solar panel kit for your home does not have to cost the earth.
More by this Author
Suffering from writer's block or don't know how to get started with your creative writing project? Here are some ideas for you.
Is organically grown food really better for you and how you can avoid the pests when growing organic vegetables.
Save yourself time and energy with premade scrapbook pages for awesome results in your scrapbooking.