10 Ideas For Adding Color To Your Kitchen
New colors can refresh your kitchen and make it more exciting and enjoyable, encouraging you to spend more time in it. A popular misconception is that adding color to your kitchen always requires a hefty investment - Far from it. There are creative ways in which you can add color to your kitchen without spending a fortune.
- Care and Maintenance of Granite Countertops
Tips for care and maintenance that will keep your countertop looking as new as the day we installed it. Learn how to protect your countertop from daily wear-and-tear and other environmental factors.
- 2014 Top Kitchen Trends
Want to do some kitchen improvements this year, but don’t know where to start? No worries, here are the hottest kitchen trends for 2014 according to Zillow
- Fetching Kitchen Color: Kelly Green Kitchen Inspiration | The Kitchn
This kelly green kitchen is really making me happy today. White kitchens are great and all, but man, sometimes a bold color really hits it out of the park.
- Kitchen Decorating Ideas
Use these easy kitchen decorating ideas to refresh your kitchen without an extensive remodel.
1. Paint one or two walls a new color. You don’t have to paint all of your kitchen walls the same color – contrast your existing white or neutral-colored walls with a vibrant green, blue, or red. Dark colors are trendy now, but bright colors will always look great in a well-lit kitchen.
2. Turn closed cabinets into open ones for displaying your dishware and other kitchen utensils and collectibles. You can either remove your current cabinet doors for open face cabinets or replace the doors with glass ones. This is a hot kitchen trend this year.
3. Colorful cabinet interiors. Saves you the trouble of having to buy new cabinets and creates beautiful contrasts – white cabinets painted blue, green or another bright color inside look simply stunning. It’s an easy DIY project for the weekend.
4. Use colorful fabrics. Curtains, seat cushions, dish towels, and rugs are relatively inexpensive. Apart from color, they bring comfort and soften the hard and angular edges of cabinets, appliances, and countertops.
5. Paint the island a different color from the rest of your kitchen to change the focal point. This requires a bit more work than other ideas on this list, but for social kitchens that often welcome guests it’s well worth it.
6. Go for colorful and cheery kitchen appliances. You can change up your stainless steel toaster or toaster oven to add some small pops of color on your counters, but next time an appliance gives out you can replace it with a bright one and make a bigger statement. Gone are the days when all appliances are gray or white or black. You’ll find brightly colored ones from top manufacturers at affordable prices, though your local store might not always have them – do your shopping online instead.
7. Add splashes of colors with fruits and vegetables. Apples, lemons, oranges, bananas, herbs and tomatoes all look striking when contrasted with white or dark backgrounds. Don’t just keep them all hidden in your fridge or crowded on your table. Show them off in white, black or transparent bowls.
8. Install new granite or marble countertops. It’s a more costly change, but it makes a powerful statement adding beauty to last a lifetime. If your countertops are old, they may need replacing anyway. Granite and marble countertops offer the beautiful look of natural stone as well as its durability, and are available in a plethora of colors and styles. A popular trend this year is to pair black countertops with white or lighter-colored cabinets to create stunning contrasts.
9. Add a bright tile backsplash. Easy to install and clean, prefabricated tile backsplashes are convenient and affordable, excellent for adding color and elegance to your kitchen without much hassle.
10. Finally, you may also want to hang a colorful artwork in your kitchen. No need for an authentic Picasso – a framed print will do the trick or even better color drawings or paintings by your children will add a special touch.
More by this Author
Most people don't know it yet, and many actually take it for granted, but the most effective tactic to make their home more comfortable lies just above their heads. When checking out a home, we ask about the location...
With the many different kinds of stone countertops available on the market there is little wonder that it can sometimes be confusing deciding which countertop you wish to have installed in your home. A stone known as...
The Kitchen is an important room in most homes, it’s where families cook and eat together. When considering a new kitchen layout it’s important to understand the pros and cons of each.