10 Stylish Options for Cool Kitchen Cooker Hoods
Cooker hoods are those little devices that you have sitting over your stove. The majority of us don’t think much about our cooker hoods unless for some reason they stop working. As long as they ventilate the stove area and keep us from setting off our fire alarms while cooking, we’re typically satisfied with them. However, there are some people who have started to realize that the design of your cooker hood can actually affect the entire design of your kitchen. This is particularly true if you have a great stove that serves as a central design piece for the kitchen but it’s even true if you just have a normal stove. A stylish cooker hood can add to the kitchen’s design or even serve as a centerpiece for the décor of the room.
Take a look at these ten stylish options for cooker hoods:
1. Star Cooker Hood. This one is part of the Elica Collection by D.R. Cooker Hoods Ltd. This is one of the best designers of cooker hoods out there. The Star is a favorite among the company’s clients. It looks kind of like a chandelier and certainly adds elegance to any kitchen. It’s a sphere-shaped cooker hood (which is unusual to see) and it’s made out of shards of crystal that create dozens of little glass prisms. The result here is a cooker hood that serves as a fascinating little pinnacle of light for your kitchen and a great conversation piece for the décor of the room.
2. Wave Cooker Hood. This is another one from the Elica Collection, a fact which emphasizes how stylish of a collection this is! This one is called The Wave. It makes for a much more modern design than The Star. It also serves as a light source but here the light is coming through little wavy slits in the cooker hood. This means that it’s not as bright as the Star even though it’s just as functional as a light source. Here the design elements have more to do with the shape, color and wavy texture of the piece. It’s a great-looking cooker hood and one that would be a good addition to the décor of any modern kitchen.
3. Glass Chimney Cooker Hood. This is a style of cooker hood that is made by several different companies. It is designed to look like a fireplace chimney that has been constructed out of glass. There are a lot of neat aspects to this design. The chimney look takes you back in time a bit to an era when you might have cooked over a wood-burning stove that also served as a heat source for your home. However, the glass design makes it a completely modern piece that is well-suited to even the edgiest kitchens. It’s a style of cooker hood that is really versatile and would fit into many types of homes.
4. Cooker Hood with Built-In Television. Many people are starting to put small TV screens somewhere in their kitchens. A cooker hood that has a TV built into it is a great idea. It allows you to add a TV to the kitchen without taking space away from the rest of the room. There are several different companies that offer cooker hoods with built-in TVs. This is one is from ILVE.
5. Pink Cooker Hood. Sometimes it’s enough just to change the color of your cooker hood without going for any sort of radical shape or fancy built-in gadgets. I think that a pink cooker hood would be ideal in some kitchens. As for me, I’d like to get a red cooker hood because the design of my kitchen is a retro design with a heavy emphasis on red appliances and gadgets. Cooker hoods come in a variety of different colors or could be painted (using appropriate stove-friendly, non-flammable paint) to match the kitchen design of your choosing.
6. Valcucine Cooker Hood. Valcucine makes a few different cooker hoods which have a cool futuristic look to them. This is a lightweight eco-friendly cooker hood which has a variety of neat features. However, what’s coolest about it is the look of it. It uses such a terrific combination of straight lines and curved lines in the design that it’s look is familiar and yet unique. What a great design!
7. Miele European-Style Cooker Hood. This particular cooker hood by a company called Miele was designed specifically for the modern European kitchen. Unlike most cooker hoods which have to hang above the stove, this one disappears seamlessly into the wall behind the stove. It has a stylish modern look that would go well in any kitchen that’s designed to accommodate stainless steel or aluminum appliances. A great choice for a modern streamlined home.
8. Curved Chimney Hood. Returning to the style of the chimney cooker hood, we get a different option for this familiar design. This one has the chimney-style look that works well for so many kitchens. However, it also has a curved design to it that changes the look of the chimney from a harsh one to one that is softer. Great for homes that are designed with a feminine touch, the curved chimney hood could come in white, steel or black to create different looks in different kitchens.
9. Round Cooker Hood. The majority of cooker hoods are square or rectangular in their basic shape even if they do have some curves to them. However, there are also a few round cooker hoods out there which offer a different design option for your kitchen. A style like this is a really common one. It is designed to come down out of the ceiling and to hang over a stove that is built into a kitchen island. This narrow design is perfect for kitchen islands since it won’t take up too much space.
10. Motorhome Cooker Hoods. What if the place where you need to put a cooker hood isn’t a kitchen at all – at least not a traditional one? Many people find themselves in need of a cooker hood that will work in the kitchen of their RV or mobile home. Never fear; there are a whole line of stylish cooker hoods that are designed for mobile homes. This cool gold one is an interesting option but you can look around to see what cooker hood style best suits your particular mobile home.
- Kitchen Range Hoods
Range hoods are one of the most overlooked yet one of the most important pieces of equipment in the kitchen. They can also make or break the look of the kitchen and turn it into a stunning, stylish modern...
- Choosing Cooker Hoods for your Stove
Cooker hoods are those hoods that go above your stove to help remove smoke from the air. They also help to reduce odors from cooking and the steam that can build up around the stove when you cook. The...
More by this Author
Many people believe that it's a lot healthier for you to stand at your desk while you work than to sit down the way that most of us do. For one thing, sitting all day isn't good for your posture or your midsection. If...
- EDITOR'S CHOICE7
I don’t know about you but I hate to dust. In fact, I don’t do it nearly as often as I probably should which I’m a little bit ashamed to admit but it’s true nonetheless. Luckily, I’ve...
How can you tell if your mushrooms are turning bad? Find out the most common signs to look for before throwing them out.