10 ways to beat the heat with no air conditioning
If your home is generally cool even in the summer you may have never bothered purchasing an air conditioner. But with extreme heat waves occurring you may now be wondering how you can beat the heat without one. Here is a list of ways you can survive through the heat.
Ways To Stay Cool Without Air Conditioning
- Go swimming. If you are someone who lives in the country this should be as simple as going to the nearest beach. If it is a public beach why not spend a lot of time there and cool off. For city dwellers you may have to either travel outside the city or head to the nearest public pool.
- Take a trip to the mall for a day of shopping it may put a dent in your pocketbook but at the mall the air-conditioning is free for all. After all stores know a comfortable customer is more likely to buy than a sweaty sticky one.
- If you have a basement in your home why not spend some time in it. If you have a pool table, etc even better if it is just clutter why not go through some old photo albums and other things down there while enjoying the coolness.
- Take a cold shower, if your squeamish try a slightly warm shower or a cool bath. If you do this around nightfall it works best as the temperature outside will be starting to go down and it will help you sleep comfortably. You could do this a few times in a day if needed.
- Do some overtime at work. If you work in an office chances are they have air-conditioning. Why not make some extra money in a cool environment.
- Go grocery shopping. You will be getting an errand out of the way while at the same time enjoying not only the cool air-conditioning but also the frozen food aisles! If you choose a large department store after your groceries you could browse through other items available or things you may need.
- Go for a drive or road trip. Have you been planning to go sight seeing or on a trip but haven't gotten around to it? Take the car and go during the hot days. This solution is of course based on the fact that your car has air-conditioning.
- Go to McDonald's! Over the last few years this restaurant chain has been offering free wireless Internet at their locations. So grab your laptop and head over, maybe have a bite to eat and then spend a cool afternoon surfing the net.
- Use several fans. If you place more then one fan in a room directly on yourself this can help relieve the heat for a time.
- Buy an air-conditioner. If all else fails you may as well give in to your families angry demands and simply get an air-conditioner. If you are worried about your electric bill use it sparingly. If it is a super heatwave use it then, if just a normal day leave it off.
More by this Author
An article detailing the micro-organisms that live in puddles in a backyard as pictured and recorded first hand through a home microscope.
An article and tutorial on how to make a great looking treasure chest patterned after the treasure chest from Legends Of Zelda.
A list of 25 game creation programs that will allow you to make your own games. Most incorporate 3D engines and with a little knowledge could allow you to create something rivaling what is commercially available.