Bedroom Spacing-Vaastu Principles For Peaceful And Happy Living
A bedroom must have a pleasing focal point that catches your eye upon entering calming you instantly.
Vaastu Guidelines For The Bedroom
Retiring to your bedroom must ensure you of your privacy as well as taking away the cares of the day. The purpose of a bedroom is to relax and get a good night's peaceful sleep, awaking refreshed to take on a new day. Retiring for the day or simply spending most of your time in the bedroom means the bedroom must be comfortable with the bed being the main focus. Whether it is a single bed or a double bed, one with canopy or without, the bed should be comfortable with the right kind of mattress and pillows. The ancient science of Vaastu Shastra has certain guidelines for us to follow while constructing and planning out our bedrooms, so that the occupants of the room will live in harmony and peace, while attracting the positive forces of this universe.
Certain basic vaastu principles need to be followed while designing your home for happy and stress-free living. And that includes each room as well. While constructing and designing your home, pay special attention to the designing of bedrooms. Location of the bedroom, color schemes, placement of furniture particularly the bed, placement of windows, doors, electrical gadgets all need to be addressed according to vaastu guidelines.
- The master bedroom is to be located in the south of your home. The south-west will be the very best. This will ensure peace and harmony in the home.
- All other bedrooms can be constructed on the eastern and the northern side of the master bedroom.
- Irregular shapes must be avoided for a bedroom. A square or a rectangle-shaped bedroom would be ideal to ensure harmonious living.
- To allow positive energies and opportunities to flow to you, your bedroom door should open atleast 90 degrees. Your bedroom door is symbolic of the opportunities waiting for you in life. So, do not limit the support and prospects life has to offer by having a door to your bedroom that does not fully open.
- What is the first thing you set your eyes on upon entering your bedroom ? Having a photograph, painting, sculpture, flower vase with colorful flowers, or a favorite inspiring quote in a place where your gaze automatically falls, upon entering the bedroom helps relieve your stress and calms you immediately. A sense of peace and serenity envelopes you as you enter your favorite part of the house-your bedroom.
- The bed should be placed in such a way that the occupant lies down with his head pointing towards the south. Never sleep with the head pointing to the north, as it is a source of constant nightmares and disturbed sleep. Also, dead bodies are placed with head pointing towards the north, so it is best avoided.
- Never dump things under your bed, remove any clutter as this will hinder your future progress. It will also keep your mind lingering in the past. Clutter is symbolic of all things not completed in your life and hinders positive energy. Having clutter under your bed while you try sleeping, also disturbs your subconscious mind and prevents a good night's rest.
- Never sleep with your head aligned with sharp corners in your bedroom as this disturbs your sleep. If you have sharp corners, place green plants in front. It is best to avoid aligning your head with sharp corners as it causes stress to your nervous system. Remove your cot from there.
- Furniture such as a bookshelf can be kept at the west or the south-west corner. Most people keep their jewelry and cash at home in this south-west corner in a safe as it attracts more wealth.
- Wardrobes can be placed along the south wall or the south-west wall.
- Bedroom mirrors should never face the bed, or should never be kept along the wall opposite to your bed. There are 3 reasons for this. It disturbs your sleep, you get to see your dirty face in the morning before freshening up. And the mirror reflects the stress in your image rather than help you throw it off.
- Colors for your bedroom walls should make you feel peaceful so as to attract sleep. Soft pastel shades of green, off white, blue ease your tension and make you fell restful unlike dark and excessively bright shades.
- Never place an aquarium in your bedroom as it is said to attract material loss.
- Also idol worshipers should refrain from having any idols in the bedroom.
The above do's and don'ts for your bedroom if followed, ensures peace and prosperity to the inmates of a house. After all, that's what a home is meant to be, is it not ?
More by this Author
A kitchen is the most functional area of every well designed home. Needs to be done appealing to all members of a family. Each area of the kitchen needs to be highly utilitarian and easy to access.
Indian cooking involves a lot of frying masalas, tadkas, and needless to say, the kitchens can be filled with smoke and you end up with watering eyes and the grimy tiles behind your stove show what you have been...
I took this picture very early in the morning while the lady of the house was drawing this festive rangoli. The unfinished design shows earthern pots with rice being cooked and sugar canes, which are part of every...
No comments yet.