Discover health benefits of gardening
Growing high quality nutritious foods
Conversations centered on the benefits of gardening for both, the beginner gardener, and those of us, which have spent many growing seasons in our vegetable and flower gardens. I think you will agree begin with the understanding. When allowed to ripen on the plant or vine, and picked only the peak of freshness. Organically homegrown fruits and veggies not only taste better, fresh picked straight from the garden produce is a higher quality, more nutritious food. As you continue reading Discover the health benefits of gardening I believe you will begin to see, flower and vegetable gardening provides a whole host of benefits we gardener's family and friends will enjoy.
Gardening a life long hobby
Gardening, a rewarding hobby
Gardening is a great hobby gardeners of all ages and skill levels can enjoy. Regardless where you might live, be it a house with a backyard garden in the suburbs, apartment, condominium, row house, or townhouse with a sunny balcony. There are simple gardening methods that will easily work for you.
Rewards and health benefits
Benefits fruit and vegetable gardens provide.
1. Simply put there is no comparison between the freshness, taste, and nutritional value in the veggies we grow in our own garden and the ones we buy at our local produce section of the grocery store.
2. Vegetables picked at their peak of freshness, washed and prepared either raw or cooked the same day our friends, family eat them, we benefit from all the nutrients and vitamins fresh food provide.
3. On the other hand, fruits and vegetables we buy at our neighborhood supermarket produce section are routinely harvested days, or even weeks earlier. Losing many of the much needed nutrients and vitamins important to our health and wellbeing.
4. Fruits and vegetables covered in wax coatings and other preservatives at the market designed solely to keep foods looking better longer I think you will agree, is something we really should not put into our body.
5. Spending a little quality time in and around our flower and vegetable gardens is a great way to get our daily physical exercise, which is beneficial to our mind, body and soul.
6. Starting our annual flower and vegetable plants from seeds, gardeners quickly learn to recognize healthy flower, fruit, and vegetable plants.
7. From the time, the tiny seedlings break through the surface of the garden soil, the beauty and sweet smells of male and female blossoms and blooms fill the air with promises of good things to come.
Grow your own hanging garden
Containers or backyard space is all you need
Beginners and long time gardeners can reap all the many benefits of gardening. Be it a simple window box. Hanging baskets on a porch or gazebo, or containers on our deck, patio or balcony where backyard garden space is not available. We can easily grow our own fresh vegetables to nourish our bodies, or beautiful flowers that nourish our soul making us smile.
Growing fruits and vegies indoors & outdoors
Containers are not just for growing herbs and tomatoes. Consider planting zucchini, eggplant, or maybe you would enjoy your very own fresh picked blueberries packed full of beneficial antioxidants. Fruits and veggies not your cup of tea, herbs just a bit impractical, you may enjoy a butterfly bush, a small lemon or fig tree, or catnip for your feline friend. Planting from seeds, or growing plants you purchase from a nursery. Gardening is a good thing with just a little effort anyone can enjoy and reap there very own countless rewards.
how to grow blueberries
Share your harvest and love for gardening
Share the many benefits of all your gardening efforts, all your friends family and neighbors will enjoy reaping the rewards from your small container garden, or large backyard raised bed plantings. let us not forget gardening is a lot of fun, a great way to make new friends, and best of all, will help you live and feel better.
Happy gardening, eat better, live a longer healthier life for your efforts, Mike
The author of this publication, Mike Teddleton owns the copyright to Discover benefits of gardening. The rights to publish this article in print or online can only be granted by contacting me the author in writing. You may use the intro and link back to the article directing the reader back to my post here at HubPages where they may find the story in its entirety
More by this Author
Learn professional landscaper’s carefully guarded secrets used to guarantee a beautiful lawn, and reseeding success starting with proper dethatching techniques
Lawn aeration for the DIY minded homeowner is as easy as cutting the grass, learn how.
Selecting the best trim saw blade for cutting trim and moldings is easy when you understand these important saw blade facts