Benefits of a Ductless Mini Split System
Being hot when inside– especially during the summer – is not a good thing! When the temperatures outside are soaring, no one wants to walk into a home or business and be greeted with more of the same. This why having fans, open windows and most importantly – air conditioning is so vital! Yes, you can cool off in the pool or by sitting in the shade, but these activities are not going to make your home more comfortable! One of the best ways to keep your home comfortable is through the installation of ductless mini splits.
Mini split systems have been around for many years, but they are a comfort system that many people know little about. However, that doesn’t minimize their effectiveness. Here are just a few of the many advantages of having mini splits installed in your location.
- Because they do not require duct work, mini split systems loose than 5% of their heating and cooling potential. Traditional systems can lose as much as 40%. Also, they have up to a 33-SEER level, which means your energy costs are lower. Even better, many of the ductless systems are Energy Star qualified, which makes the savings even greater.
- Ductless mini splits can be controlled from zone to zone. Not using that back room? Then don’t pay to keep it cool. It doesn’t make sense to pay for heating or cooling for a rom not in use. A ductless system means you can control temperature of the areas you using, and not be concerned about the rest.
- The ductless system is quite by design. Because they work with an inside unit as well as an outside one, the HVAC contractor can install the louder components in the outside unit, so that your home is quieter.
- As its name implies, there are no ducts to be installed. Rather the system works due to copper tubing running through a small 3 to 4 inch opening in the wall or ceiling. The tubing is connected to the outside unit, then refrigerant is cycled through the lines from the outdoor condensing unit to the indoor unit, so that the air can be dispersed.
- The ductless system is quick and easy to install. Unlike traditional HVAC systems, which can days or even weeks, the ductless system can installed in as little as a day.
- Ductless systems have better air filtration system, which removes dust, bacteria, pollen, and other allergens from the air.
Ductless mini splits are great options for keeping your comfortable – be it summer or winter. They offer an energy efficient way maintain the temperatures needed for your location. Talk to a local HVAC provider, such as Aabbott Ferraro to learn more about ductless mini splits and how they can be used in your space.
Many websites provide additional information on the topic of ductless mini splits. One such site worth visiting is www.aabbottferraro.com
Janet Slagell independently authors articles for WebDrafter.com, Inc. for search engine marketing. The views and opinions expressed in this article are those solely of the author, and not of any other person, company or organization. No guarantee or warranty, express or implied, is made regarding the accuracy, fitness, or use of the content herein.
More by this Author
No comments yet.