Bamboo Bowl Sets
Are you shopping for a new bowl set, salad bowls or decorative fruit bowls for your home? Be sure to take a closer look at using bamboo bowl sets before you make a decision. The benefits may surprise you! Bamboo bowls are a safer alternative for your kitchen (and your family's health) than plastic. Plastic can leach chemicals into your foods over time, especially as they begin to wear out from being washed in the dishwasher. Then what?
Then you toss them. And they sit in a landfill forever. And you have to go out and replace them, and the cycle begins again. Instead, you can invest in an eco-friendly solution that will add natural beauty to your table.
Bamboo is completely biodegradable, but you don't have to worry about that because you won't be getting rid of your bamboo bowl set anytime soon! There are so many options when buying bowl sets. Take the time to look carefully at what you are buying. Bamboo bowls are not much more expensive than the choice of inferior plastic and you will find they are worth the minimal investment.
The Benefits of Choosing Bamboo Bowl Sets
Here are a few of the many benefits of using bamboo in your kitchen:
- Durability: Bamboo won't break if you drop it, even on a tile floor.
- Antibacterial: Bamboo bowls have a natural antibacterial property that makes them resistant to absorbing odors and limits the growth of bacteria. They make wonderful salad bowl sets because they will not hold on to the smell of oily salad dressings.
- No pesticides are used when growing bamboo, which means there are no pesticide or other chemical residues left on the final product or in the environment.
- Bamboo bowls are lightweight. Even an over-sized bamboo bowl will be light enough for a child to lift or carry.
- No wood or petroleum products are used in the production of bamboo.
- Bamboo bowl sets are a completely eco-friendly alternative for your kitchen.
- Most bamboo bowls are made with natural pigments and non-toxic adhesives.
- Bamboo is a renewable resource and the fastest growing plant on earth.
Did I mention bamboo is beautiful? You can see that for yourself!
You will also find that many of the eco-friendly companies support local craftsmanship in areas with a struggling economy and carefully follow fair trade laws and have socially responsible employment policies.
In the video below you will see an example of this. Watch the process of creating beautiful handmade bamboo bowls in Vietnam.
Watch the Making of Bamboo Bowls
More by this Author
A comprehensive resource containing industry wide career options in finance. Includes overviews of specific opportunities, paths for advancement, salaries and educational requirements. Additional guidance on getting...
A lighthearted list of simple ways to show your wife you love her.
This is the story of my 3 year struggle with daily migraine quality headaches. Included are resources for further explanation, where to find support, and possible alternative treatment options.