Budget Self Storage Ideas: Wall Storage Solutions
Most people think of walls as a place to hang pictures, mirrors, or other decorative pieces, but don’t underestimate the walls’ potential! Walls can provide organization and storage space, freeing up cupboard, closet and floor space, which is especially important for those in smaller living spaces. Aesthetic satisfaction need not be sacrificed for function, though. Wall storage can be attractive, and, it can also be a low budget self storage solution. Consider the following suggestions for useful but stylish wall space.
- How Much Storage Do You Need? Unit Size Chart
Sizes of self storage units to fit all your needs. Call 336-295-6310 for locations in Greensboro or 336-792-1930 in Burlington North Carolina.
- Wall Storage Ideas on Pinterest
Pins about Wall Storage Ideas hand-picked by Pinner Divasan Divine | See more about wall storage, smart kitchen and kitchen board.
- Wall Storage Ideas
Think you've run out of storage room? Look to your walls to pack even more space and function into your home.
- Re-purposed “shelves”: Shelving options abound, but shelves can also be found in unlikely places. Consider tipping a wicker basket, old drawer, wooden crate, or sturdy decorative box on its side for an attractive shelving option. Towels look great in a tipped basket, and an old drawer can provide a sturdy shelf for kitchen spices or bathroom accessories. When repurposing one of these objects, consider their depth and how far they will stand out from the wall to make sure they’ll be deep enough to hold what you want them to, but not so deep that they trespass into your walking space.
- High & Low: Many people are compelled to hang shelving only in a limited range around eye level. However, considering the purpose of your shelves and what your space has to offer, you may find that you can break the mold here. A large shelving unit can run floor to ceiling, making use of space that would almost surely be open. A ladder can double as a shelf or rack for hanging blankets, and it can start low and reach almost ceiling-high. A shelf could be placed at couch-height and substitute for an end table, and shelving for magazines, DVDs, or books could continue beneath it.
- How about Hooks? In almost every room of the house, commonly-used items could be hung on wall hooks to keep them handy. Kitchen utensils, mugs, sweatshirts, keys, towels, jewelry, hats, and bags could be taken out of their stacks and piles and placed on walls. In combination with the first tip, a hook could also be home to a basket. In a variation, an old handle of whatever size is needed could also be affixed to the wall as a hanger for towels or as an anchor for a basket.
- All A-Board: A sturdy board-based organizer can provide a central location for office supplies or other smaller objects. Sturdy cork board or a peg board with either hooks, small bins, or small boxes affixed to it can be a perfect home for office supplies, jewelry, keys, or other more lightweight items. These can become quite decorative, as well.
- I never thought of that…: Some items would work well affixed to a wall, if only someone would think to put it there. Lighting can be wall-based instead of taking up floor or surface space. Plants could be affixed to walls or put on shelves. Other decorations, such as planters, that are made to sit on surfaces can also be bracketed to walls.
Using your walls not only maximizes space, but it can also display items that show your style and personality. Wall storage not only provides a budget self storage option, but it also adds interest to your home decor.
More by this Author
The Kitchen is an important room in most homes, it’s where families cook and eat together. When considering a new kitchen layout it’s important to understand the pros and cons of each.
Most people don't know it yet, and many actually take it for granted, but the most effective tactic to make their home more comfortable lies just above their heads. When checking out a home, we ask about the location...
countertop There are many different types of stone countertops that are offered on the market. One of the most popular nowadays is limestone. In the past couple of years, limestone has become an increasingly popular...