Ceramic Top/Convection Range - A Change of Perspective
Ceramic Cooking/Convection Cooking; Loving this
Recently we moved to a new home. It was close to what we wanted except for the electric coil range that adorned the kitchen. I like to think that I am a fair cook and with a trained chef in the family, gas was all I had known, and all I wanted to know. High on the list of things to do was the installation of a gas line. As happens, emergencies came up, and the decision was made to look at Ceramic tops electric ovens.
The brand I wanted didn’t come less than 30” width. The old house we purchased had to have a smaller width. I wasn’t ready to put in new cabinets for a larger unit
· Many stoves are listed as 30 inch width, but when you look at the spec sheet it is 29.87. Yes, it does make a different. The delivery men were able to finesse the 29.87 inch unit into the opening, but the 30” models would not have made it.
· I found several models, one looked cheap, and one was extremely high end (more than I was willing to pay). But, I found the Samsung FTQ387LWGX.
· It had 4 burners, plus a warming burner on the radiant surface. This will be great for soups in winter.
Pans- ifyou are able to glance through the manual before you buy, make sure that your pans will work correctly on the ceramic top. You may have to invest in a few new pans, but most of the new, high quality lines will work just fine.
· It also has a warmer drawer that will keep food warm for up to an hour. (Thanksgiving cooking)
· There is a custom setting that can record three recipe setting.
· There is also a proof setting for storing raising dough.
· The Oven is convection. Once, I had a microwave/convection combination and it was wonderful. There are wonderful results that come with convention cooking, especially recipes that call for that perfect brown.
o Using the oven on convection - Check your pans and use the ones that allow the flow of air around the food.
· When using the Broil position leave the oven door open to the broil stop – Do not broil with a closed oven.
· It has the auto clean, of course. I haven’t used that yet, but this seems standard.
**I’ve notice that they now have come up with a Jewish Sabbath Setting. Years ago when I worked at an appliance store, this was a feature widely asked for, but not available.
As you can see, this is a good looking unit, sold at many department and big box stores. Ranges are changed out often. Check the clearance area first and always.
More by this Author
Southern Cuisine and Regional Dishes.
Finishing touches with Thresholds.
How to make a beautiful gravestone saddle with or without a saddle. Beautiful arrangements can be made for gravestones and niches with seasonal colored flowers and a personal touch.
No comments yet.