High Chairs For Toddlers
Getting the right high chair for toddlers can be an arduous task. After-all, it is an integral part of their day-to-day life in the most formative moment of a lifetime. But style, price and aesthetics must also be balanced with safety and versatility. In compiling this list, I have done my best to find the best possible trinity of values: convenience, safety and looks.
Little Partners Learning Tower
What do I love about this high chair? Well -- just about everything. Before we even begin to discuss the intricacies, allow me to say that this high chair is highly customizable and versatile. Before buying you will be able to select the color which best suits your surroundings, from natural to Royal blue.
The manufacturer touts the following features:
- The Learning Tower by little Partner is a kid's step stool that features safe, sturdy and non-tip construction.
- welcomes the child as a helping participant alongside parens and siblings
- Sturdy platform adjusts from 11 inches to 19 inches in height
- non-toxic, lead-free finish that cleans easily with a damp cloth
- supports up to 500 pounds, making it safe for up to two children at a time
Curiosities: Separate additions can be purchased with this model to transform it into a makeshift, puppet theater, fort or doll house!
Lipper High Chair
The attractiveness of the Lipper High Chair is its high functionality and affordable price. The frame comes in two colors, cherry and pecan, and is very simple to assemble and transport. The chair was designed for children weighing up to 35 pounds, from 1 to 3 and half years old (generally).
- Restaurant-standard high chair from Lipper International; for children ages 1 to 3-1/2 years old
- Durable beech wood construction with smooth cherry finish; 35-pound weight capacity
- With a 3-point safety strap system; lap waist strap threads through the crouch strap
- Clean with a damp cloth and mild cleanser; some assembly required
- Measures 20 by 19-3/4 by 28-3/4 inches and weighs 16 pounds upon shipping; made in Thailand
Stokke Tripp Trapp® Highchair
The "Tripp Trapp" high chair is a multi-award winning high chair that has become renowned for its sturdiness, unique looks and high versatility. The point is, the manufacturer explains, that children grow. With this in mind, the high chair is designed to grow with your child by an adjustable footrest that allows children to shift their weight more comfortably (less squirming!)
- The original award winning highchair
- Adjust to be used when child is ready to sit on his own (around 6 months) through adulthood
- Seat and footrest are adjustable to the size of your child - 5 different seat positions
- Ergonomically designed to provide stability, comfort and confidence
- Made of cultivated beechwood, providing strong, solid and durability
- Meets US and international safety standards
- Five-point safety harness
- JPMA certified
- Holds up to 300 lbs.
- Seven-year warranty on all wooden components
- Measures 18"W x 19.25"D x 31"H
This model's cost may seem relatively high, but bear in mind that in terms of longevity it is probably a solid investment. The Tripp Trapp is notoriously difficult to outgrow.
Svan Youth Chair in Mahogany
Svan's Youth Chair in Mahogany is a triumph of aesthetics and convenience. This chair will grow with you child similarly to the Tripp Trapp. Don't be fooled however, Svan have claimed that despite its amazing looks, the emphasis was on versatility and safety. Additional customizations and bonuses include different "skins and colors" along with its "washability"!
- The optional high quality cushion is machine washable
- The Svan Chair is available in three different wood finishes; natural beech, cherry or whitewash
More by this Author
Fair and pale skin can tan too! A complete rundown on how to achieve a healthy, sun-kissed look no matter which shade of pale you are!
Learn how you can quickly and safely convince those pimples to vacate the premises!
Learn how to safely and naturally kill fleas in your carpet in thirty seconds flat. Avoid potential health hazards for both yourself, your family and your pets!