Garden Gadgets: The Best Gardening Tools For The Busy Gardener!
Love your garden and your garden will love you
It's true that gardening for some of us is a mundane chore. The very thought of a Saturday afternoon spent mowing, pruning, cutting, planting and weeding being our worst nightmare. However, there are those among us that like nothing more than retreating to the quiet of our gardens to find a little harmony, peace and contentment among our flower beds, leafy foliage and ever growing compost heap.
To keep your love for the garden a hobby you enjoy; to maintain your back and knees in good shape and to take the stress out of trimming and pruning: I have a few clever garden gadgets listed below that you might like to check out. If you are new to the world of gardening and feel a bit lost among the tools of the trade, you might find a few hints and tips among my list to get you started.
Being in the garden tending your beloved flowers, plants and vegetables should be about relaxation; getting away from it all and de-stressing. With my cool but very functional tried and tested gadgets you will do just that.
Mobile Garden Seat: take the strain off your back with this mobile gardening seat
Gardening Apron: use your gardening apron to keep your tools nice and handy
Cook what you grow: tomato and basil soup
- How to Grow Tomato Plants From Seed: All You Need to...
Simple easy tips on how to grow tomatoes from seed. Hints and tips on growing your own tomatoes.
- Homemade Tomato and Basil Pesto Soup Recipe with Cri...
A delicious recipe for homemade tomato soup with basil pesto and crisp croutons. A real heart stopper full of flavor.
Soil Tester: test your soil before planting your seeds to ensure maximum growth and produce
Long Handled Pruner: a long handled pruner will trim those hard to reach shrubs and tree branches with ease
Love Vegetables: tasty vegetable soups and an easy courgette quiche recipes
- Low Calorie Soup Recipes Made With Homemade Chicken ...
5 low calorie soup recipes made with homemade chicken stock; less than 100 calories. Easy, tasty, low fat soups. Stave off hunger pangs and get your diet under control with these easy soup recipes.
- Courgette Quiche Recipe: Easy Tasty Quiche Recipe Wi...
Easy delicious courgette quiche recipe with home made pastry. Step by step instructions with pictures.
The following garden tools and garden gadgets will not only enrich the time you spend in your garden but also save you from stains, pains and back ache. Invest wisely in your gardening tools and you will reap the rewards.
- Don't break your back and strain your knees... a great selection of gardening stools are widely available. Mobile stools complete with storage; stools and kneelers combined, will add great comfort to your gardening.
- A gardening apron is a super idea, not only will you look the part and stay clean, but you can buy an apron that has pockets to carry the tools you need for the job at hand. Keeping your tools together and your hands free to tend to your garden.
- A bigger garden may require a few more serious tools and an easier way of storing and transporting them around your garden to the areas where you need to work. The perfect solution comes in the form of a cool gardening cart.
- Gardening is a very hands on job, whether it's planting and weeding or using tools to dig or prune. Wearing gardening gloves is really important to save your hands from becoming rough and callous, preventing your nails from breaking and skin from tearing. It's necessary to choose a quality glove that enables you to feel what you're doing as well as protecting your hands. There are great choices of nitrile gloves that do just that.
- Different trees, plants, shrubs, herbs and vegetables require different soil types. Save yourself a lot of time and money by testing your soil. This will enable you to know exactly what you should grow and where. To often we try to grow plants and flowers in our gardens with very little success, not realizing it's our soil and not our lack of green fingers that's the killer.
- Watering our gardens can take more water than we realize; resulting in a costly water bill. Monitor your water usage so you know exactly how much you are using. This will also stop you watering too much. Never water during the day, always first thing in the morning or last the thing in the evening. This ensures the roots get the water and the foliage won't burn or dry in the warmth of the day time.
- A larger garden may benefit from a sprinkler system. A plant sprinkling system is also good, that way you won't need to worry when you're not at home. There are many varieties available to suit your needs.
- There are always corners we can't get to in our gardens. Curved lawns, flower bed edges, around our trees. A handy gardening tool that makes light of this work, comes in the form of a trimmer. Suitable for hedges and trimming grass between patio stones. A good trimmer is a good all rounder in the garden.
- Guilty of balancing on a chair or a wall when pruning your rose bushes or cutting back small trees. Take the stress out of your limbs and use a long handled pruner. This particular tool can be used for an abundance of growth you can't reach.
- With all this trimming and pruning going on, there's plenty of foliage and cut grass to make your own compost. Compost is an absolute must in any garden. Plants and trees thrive with a little regular compost. What better way to be green, while nourishing your garden, then making your very own garden compost.
A beautiful garden is a delightful joy. To sit among the results of your hard work and admire your budding flowers, lush green plants and bursting vegetable plot. To smell a freshly mowed lawn and plunge your fingers into rich moist soil. The sheer satisfaction of watching the bees buzz eager for nectar and butterflies bob among the flower petals, that you have nursed and grown. A snip of your pruner can bring a colourful bouquet to your kitchen and an aroma of sweet scented flowers and/or herbs throughout your home. Whether your garden is a forage of busy woodland, hanging baskets filled with tomatoes or a single window box full of flowers on your balcony, I promise you: watching the growth in your garden evolve is a wonderful thing and once you have experienced the delight of growing a plant, flower, fruit or vegetable by your own hands, you will be lost among the wonder of your achievements forever. The fruits of your labour become almost like your children, and you will love and cherish everyone of them with bursting pride.
An onion left to seed
Gardening doesn't mean you have to be up to your eyeballs in dirt; dressed in your ole scrubs. To days gardener can enjoy a fun selection of fashion items fit for the high street. Trends have developed no end in the gardening world. It's cool to love your garden. Check out my selection and start writing your Christmas list.
- Gardening hat: keep the sun in the shade with a colourful printed gardening hat.
- Gardening glasses: no need to suffer dust or dirt in your eye, wear a pair of cool glasses.
- Gardening scarf: add a little high street to your gardening attire and keep warm too.
- Gardening boots: colourful, funky and fun; plain old black or green boots are in the past.
- Gardening gloves: match your gloves with your boots for real high end garden trend.
- Gardening belts: lots of fashionable belts to choose from, and they still do the job.
- Gardening aprons: an a ray of colours and an abundance of pockets will keep you smart.
- Top quality gardening tools: not only are they useful but fashionable too.
- Fun gardening accessories: look good in your garden with top of the range accessories.
- Numerous exotic flower seeds: turn your garden into a magical wonderland.
- Numerous exotic fruit seeds: get down and get creative grow exotic fruits.
- Numerous exotic vegetable seeds: sow, reap and then enjoy what you eat.
I even came across glasses, especially for examining your plants. They show up bugs in their early stages, that are not visible to the naked eye. A great gadget to help prevent your plants from the cruel hand of infestation.
Cost effective solar lights for your garden
A Little Fun Gadget
Soft lighting is a great way to bring a little magic into your garden. These grass solar garden lights are really good fun. Place them around your lawn or even among your flower beds to see them glow in the night. They add a little mystery to your garden especially if you pretend they're a glow in the dark rare grass form, ha! ha!
Warm summer days in your garden will be a little extra special if you opt for some fairy lights draped among your bushes or twinkling between your trees. Opt for regular white bulbs, they are more effective.
Solar powered lighting is a great way to add a little exposure to your garden without worrying about your electric bill. Line a pathway or add lights at random among your flower beds.
A Gift for the Gardener
A little gift inspiration for the gardener in your life, celebrating a birthday, a special occasion or just to say thank you. Perhaps they have the tools and are already gifted in the gadget department. What better than some exotic fruit and vegetable seeds or a basket full of goodies to ease the strains and the pains of the dedicated gardener: fancy soaps, funky bubble bath, a fluffy bath robe.
Another nudge in the right direction for the up and coming gardener that has yet to acquire his gardening grounds: stacking baskets that can hang inside or outside. Bedding plants, hanging flowers, herbs even tomato plants will look good in these baskets. What about some colourful pots filled with herbs: parsley, basil, coriander, chives.
Love your garden and enjoy the beauty you work to create. There is nothing like watching your own handy work bloom and grow before your eyes. Happy gardening.
- Kitchen Gadgets to ease the strain
Gadgets can be great fun, but not always great at the job they're supposed to do. I've looked at a few gadgets I myself use religiously when I cook. I do admit some are a little tricky to get used too. I've...
© 2010 Gabriel Wilson
More by this Author
A story of young love that ends in bloodshed and the birth of a deadly blood sucker. Revenge is always sweet.
Simple easy tips on how to grow tomatoes from seed. Hints and tips on growing your own tomatoes.
Zero calorie foods take more energy to absorb into the system than the energy in the food itself. In other words zero calorie foods are foods you can eat without counting calories or gaining weight
No comments yet.