Easy Garlic Press
Garlic is a species in the onion family. It's been used for years for both culinary and medicinal purposes. In the kitchen, it's scent and flavor has been a favorite among chefs. When eaten raw, garlic can be pungent and spicy, but when cook it sweetens.
When using garlic for cooking, you will find that the bulb is the most commonly used part. Typically they are chopped into sections, or cloves, and cooked with a sauce. The leaves, stems, and flowers, are also edible and are typically used while still tender and in the immature stage. The skin on the bulb and the roots are the only parts that are not edible.
If you're a big fan of garlic and using it in the kitchen, whether for your bread, spaghetti sauce, or pizza crust, you'll want to make sure that you have an easy to use garlic press. There are many different kinds of garlic presses, ranging from stainless steel handles to ergonomic rubber handles. You will find that for the most part, most garlic presses look alike, but that doesn't meant they all work alike.
The best tools in the kitchen are those that are easy to use and understand. Garlic presses are pretty simple to understand, as you generally only need to place the garlic cloves in the bowl (peeled or unpeeled according to the garlic press), and squeeze. What you want to make sure of before you purchase a garlic press is how easy it will be to actually squeeze the garlic. You don't want to fight with it and have to pound away. The brands and models of garlic presses below are generally those that are considered easy to use and easy to squeeze for most people..
Rosle Garlic Press
- Must unpeel cloves to mince, but does so with ease
- The mincing head flicks open for easy rinsing and easy reloading of another clove
- Handles lock for easy storage
- 18/10 stainless steel
- Round, satin-finish handles with hanging ring
Zyliss Susi 2 Garlic Press
- Sleek design stores easily in kitchen drawer
- Custom nodules on the plunger get the full flavor from every clove
- A generous-sized bowl accommodates even fat garlic cloves
- You don't have to peel the skin off the garlic bulb; place entire garlic (skin included) in the bowl and squeeze
- Dishwasher safe
- Does not include a cleaning tool.
Kuhn Rikon Epicurean Garlic Press
- Heavy-duty stainless steel
- Comfort designed
- Easy to clean
- Dishwasher safe
- Must unpeel cloves before mincing
- Works great with ginger as well as garlic
- The sieve hinges flush clean with running water
Kuhn Rikon Easy-Squeeze Garlic Press
- Stainless steel sieve swings out for easy cleaning
- Dishwasher safe
- Comes in black, blue, and red
- Works with ginger as well as garlic
- Lever design which is thought to use at least 60% less effort, but some claim it requires more work for children and the elderly
Oxo Good Grips Garlic Press
- Soft, rubber handles absorb pressure on you hands
- Handles are nonslip and work great both wet or dry
- Garlic is pressed through with one squeeze
- Built-in hole cleaner
- Safe to use in dishwasher
- Requires less hand strength to press garlic; great for those with arthritis or weak joints and hands
Kitchen Appliances and Gadgets
- Chocolate Fondue Fountain
- Coffee Grinders
- Cupcake Holder, Carrier, Stand, and Tree
- Espresso Makers
- Food Processor
- Kitchen Blender
- Kitchen Hand Mixer
- Kitchen Knife Set
- Kitchen Stand Mixer
- Margaritaville Frozen Drink Maker
- Salad Spinner
- Silverware Set
- Toaster Oven
- Tupperware Sets
- Knife Sharpener
More by this Author
So, I'm a big fan of comfortable chairs, and although, I never thought that a round chair would be comfortable, it is. They're not quite bean bag chairs, but they're pretty close. You can purchase the expensive wicker...
If you are one of those people who hats seeing the dead, brown grass in the fall and winter season, you may want to consider mixing up your grass a little because it is possible to have a gree lawn year round. You can...
Learn some of the signs of infected belly-button piercings and what to do about them.