Gerbera Daisy Colors
Gerbera Daisy Flowers - Introduction
Gerbera Daisy flowers are ornamental plants that belong to the sunflower family. They come in a vibrant rainbow of colors like bright pink, snow white, sunny yellow, and ruby red.
The gerbera daisy was discovered by Scotsman Robert Jameson in the year 1884 near Barberton, South Africa. But the meaning of its common name is derived from German naturalist Traugott Gerber. The scientific name of this beautiful flower is Gerbera jamesonii. They are also a classic symbol of beauty.
How to use Gerbera daisy flowers
- Gerberas are great flowers for adding color to any room or garden.
- Gerberas are often chosen for celebratory occasions such as weddings and birthdays.
- A brightly colored bouquet of gerbera daisies sent as a 'Get-well gift' helps to lift the spirits of the recipient.
- Daises stand for beauty and cheerfulness.
- Red Gerbera Daisies are sent to express passion and love.
- Pink color of Gerbera Daisies stand for appreciating some one.
- Yellow - If you want to make some one cheerful choose Yellow color.
- White is for purity and innocent.
Gerbera Daisy Flowers Arrangement
Gerbera daisies can be arranged in various ways as per your imagination, using just one color or using assortment of colors.
They are also known as flowers for all seasons, hence can be used for Church decorations, wedding decorations, wedding bouquets, wedding centerpiece etc.
Growing Gerbera Daisies
Daises are easy to grow in the garden. They are successfully grown under different conditions in several areas of the world. They stand for beauty and
cheerfulness. They are great flowers for adding color to any room or
Earlier they were grown from seeds and cuttings. But now new techniques are used in Gerbera Daisy cultivation such as in-vitro technique for multiplication. Using this technique, it is now possible to produce large amounts of a new variety in a relatively short span of time.
Related info from others about Gerbera Daisy
- Dating Tips: Give Her Flowers
Few women on Earth don't get a little ga-ga when a man hands them flowers. I cant think of a single gift that compares when it comes to versatility. Flowers can be used for first dates, anniversaries,...
- Simple Gerbera Flower Arrangement | Mommy Words
I love Gerberas and these would be so super chic and simple for your tables in your house or for a huge shower or party! I love that they are short so people
- India : Agricultural knowledge by indiaagronet
The Portal indiaagronet provides all information about agriculture knowledge.
More by this Author
Thinking of adding flax seed to your diet? Find out about the various health benefits of flax seeds, and information about how to use them.
Sari is an elegant wear for an Indian woman. A silk sari makes it even better. Silk sarees are compulsory for wedding and other special occasions, especially in South India, they are not daily used like other synthetic...
Like any other country, India too has got her own beliefs and superstitions.