Get Your Office Supplies Organized!
Tired of rummaging through drawers to find the basic office supplies you need? Well then, it’s time to get your office supplies organized! There are many storage and organization options available, but the cost can add up pretty quickly when purchasing from an office supply store. Instead get creative and go shopping around your own home for storage options keeping you from spending a penny and that will go a long way in transforming your desk from a jumbled mess to a neat and tidy office space. Here are some mini self storage options you can pull from your kitchen to help you make some sense out of your office supplies allowing you to get back to work.
- Cookie Tins: You probably have some cookie tins left over from the holidays or saved from previous years that you’ve stashed away in a cabinet waiting to get use out of it. These tins make excellent storage for office supplies, like printer cartridges, stickers or business cards. They come with a tight lid, so if you accidentally drop it or it slips off your desk, you don’t run the risk of having to pick up hundreds of whatever you put in there. They come in all different sizes so you can match the size of the tin to the size of the supplies needing storage. If you have pretty, decorative tins you can display them on your shelves instead of tucking them away in the desk drawers.
- Budget Self Storage: Sizefinder
Sizes of self storage units to fit all your needs. Call 336-295-6310 for locations in Greensboro or 336-792-1930 in Burlington North Carolina.
- DIY Ideas-Make Your Own Decorative Storage Boxes
When it comes to self storage, be creative. Many cost effective and eye-catching projects can provide both a decorative look and additional storage for your home.
- 38 DIY organizing ideas for your home - MSN Living
Finding the right organization and storage solutions for your home can be hard. But making your own is much easier than you'd think! These 38 DIY organizing ideas may inspire
- Smart Storage Ideas on Pinterest
Explore Dina @ Honey & Fitz's hand-picked collection of Pins about Smart Storage Ideas on Pinterest. | See more about drawers, pantries and hidden storage.
- Egg Carton: Empty egg cartons are great because they offer portioned out spaces to divide and organize your small office supplies. Better yet, you can customize and decorate the carton however you’d like. They come with a lid that you can close to prevent items from spilling out, or you can cut it off and have direct access to your supplies. In addition, you’ll never have to clean the egg carton for dust because as soon as it starts to get dirty, just throw it in the trash or recycle bin and head to your refrigerator for a brand new one.
- Mason Jars: Mason jars are versatile and can store large numbers of small items such as staples, paperclips, and thumbtacks, as well as larger items such as pencils and markers. Since you can see through the glass you can use them to display colorful office supplies and they allow you to see exactly how much you have left for restocking purposes. The large top opening makes it easy to reach your hand in and grab the items. You can even paint the mason jars to add color to your office while adding function at the same time.
- Coffee Cups: Any size or shape of coffee mugs or teacups that you aren’t currently using can make good multipurpose mini self storage for office supplies as well. If used in drawers they offer easy access to everything you store in them, like stamps, rubber bands or clips. They also offer the opportunity to store items directly on your desk, while adding a little bit of your personality to the office space based on the design displayed on the outside of the coffee cup. You can even use them as planters or vases to add life and color into your office.
- Muffin Tins: Last but not least, muffin tins! With all little compartments they are perfect to slip into your desk drawers for easy access storage. You won’t be able to decorate them in the same way that you could an egg carton, but they are the sturdier option and portable which allows you to slide them in and out of desk drawers when you need them.
More by this Author
countertop There are many different types of stone countertops that are offered on the market. One of the most popular nowadays is limestone. In the past couple of years, limestone has become an increasingly popular...
Depending on the environment in which your furnace operates, most HVAC companies recommend all filters be changed at least twice a year. If your home is located in an area with a lot of dust or dirt, you may want to...
The Kitchen is an important room in most homes, it’s where families cook and eat together. When considering a new kitchen layout it’s important to understand the pros and cons of each.