How to Decide if Hardwood Floors Are Right for You
Hardwood Floors and You
In Atlanta hardwood floors are making a comeback, just as they are in homes and offices all across America. But how do you decide if hardwood floors are right for you? To help you decide, here are a few things to consider.
- Do you have children or pets? Hardwood floors are tough, thanks to the great polyurethane finishes available today, floors can withstand the activity of children and pets—spills, accidents, and more can be swept or vacuumed with ease.
- Do you, or members of your household, have allergy problems? Because of the smooth surface of hardwood floors, animal dander, dust, mites, pollen, and other allergens cannot be absorbed into the flooring. Consequently, hardwood floors are frequently suggested by doctors for those who suffer with allergies or respiratory problems.
- Do you want a customized look? If you want to create a room that showcases who you are, then hardwood floors are a great place to begin. You can have specialized patterns, colors, and designs through use of the many color choices utilized in hardwood strips, parquets, and planks. Your color choices include maples, cherry, oak, and walnut as well as hardwood floor using exotic woods from around the world.
- Does it take any special skills to maintain hardwood floors? It is a good idea to get a wood floor cleaning kit, as recommended by your hardwood floor installer. By following their directions, keeping your floors looking like new will not be difficult. For the most part, hardwood floors require little more than sweeping, vacuuming and the occasional wood floor cleaner.
- Does the finish ever need to be re-applied? Yes, it may. That will depend on what type of wood you select. Typically softer wood such as pine will require the occasional refinish; hardwoods such as maple do not need as much maintenance.
Hardwood flooring is a beautiful addition to any room in your home. Talk to a store employee or interior decorator, if you are unsure if hardwood floors are right for you.
No comments yet.