Here Are A Few Of My Favorite Things
While listening to my bath water run, and contemplating how soothing it will be, I begun to think of a few of my favorite simple things. So I thought, "If Rodgers and Hammerstein can write about simple favorite things,(My Favorite Things) so can I."
I actually wrote an article about why I love to clean, so it will be no secret that some of these will revolve around that subject.
A Few of My Favorite things
Some of these are so simple as to be laughable, so go ahead, and do just that, but here goes. They won't fall in any kind of order, just as they come to mind.
- The sound of running bath water, especially if I've had a particularly hard day, it even sounds good in the morning when I'm about to start my day. As a matter of fact, taking a leisurely bath is one of the reasons why I'm always late, as I wrote about in a previous article.
- Walking into a room that smells so good you can taste it. The smell does not necessarily have to come from artificial additives. Real lemons, peppermint, pine cones, and even the smell of drying clothes in an automatic clothes dryer, are just a few of the inexpensive smells I love. Of course there are artificial fragrances I appreciate, such as Honeysuckle scented candles, a Pine Sol cleaned house.
- The genuine side splitting laughter of a toddler, come to think of it any genuine side splitting laughter, but especially that of a toddler.
- A beautiful sunset on a warm evening.
- A genuinely nice person, nice, just for the sake of being nice, with no ulterior motives.
- A man that dresses like the men of days gone by, ( for instance, pants with belts, or just pulled up around the waist).
- Seeing a man relinquish his seat to a woman, or handicapped, or elderly person.
- Talking long hours into the night with an old, or even a current, friend.
- Playing words games, I resisted listing this as my number one, because it has just become my number one hobby.
- Time spent with my family when there are no issues to solve. Especially reminiscing about old times.
- Reading, anything, the Bible, a good mystery novel, Internet articles, or my favorite weekly periodical, Woman's World, (http://winit.womansworldmag.com/).
- A parent disciplining their child. This one might sound strange to some of you, but when I see a parent disciplining an unruly child (with results), I have hope for that child's future.
- A person that can keep a secret, not that I have many to keep, but nevertheless I love a person that can keep a confidence that I've shared.
- A really silly person, one that can make me laugh with just a facial expression, or simple gesture.
- Walking into a clean room, (remember, these are MY favorite things, not to be confused with what others think).
- Learning new things, pertinent, trivial, or even mundane boring useless things.
- Spending relaxing times with friends.
- Being able to help someone, be it large or small, what a good, good feeling.
- Cleaning, anything, this should have been at the top of my list, I love to finish a cleaning job, stand back and take it all in. Oh, what a feeling. ("slap, slap", got caught up in the moment, back to reality, LOL)
- Nature, meaning, beautifully colored flowers, trees of all description, vegetable gardens, and oh so much more. Have you ever seen the Jacaranda, or Dogwood trees in bloom? Such beautiful sights. I could spend hours just drinking in the beauty of nature, especially after living in Southern California, then traveling the Country via Amtrak.
- Traveling, pure and simple, traveling! By any mode of transportation, and to anywhere. I just love to travel.
- My grandchildren!
- Listening to my favorite music, in solitude, feeling it, and acting according, (singing along or dancing), especially my old favorites. Some good ole Luther Vandross, or Howlin Wolf.
- A refreshing cup of coffee upon arising in the morning, and again midday.
- A steaming cup of herbal tea while doing any of my other favorite things.
Some of My Favorite ThingsClick thumbnail to view full-size
Now that I've listed some of mine, feel free to add some of your own in the comment section, they just might remind me of more of my own.
More by this Author
One of our all time favorite comedians, Sinbad.
Do you love to clean? I do, read on and see if you can identify with some of my proclivities.
Do you want to be a contestant on the price is right instead of just being a spectator? By following the suggestions herein you have a better chance of being chosen.