Organizing With Baskets
I would like to share some helpful tips that I use to help keep my family and myself organized, and sometimes clutter free.
Recycle those baskets
Being a huge fan of baskets, I have found many useful ways in which to use them. Next time you receive flowers, plants or fruit in a basket don’t throw them away recycle them. I've been collecting baskets for many years.
Things that I use baskets for:
Baskets for my desk
- Bills that need to be paid
- Bills that have been paid
- Pen and Pencil Holder
- Plant baskets (In the picture below, in the basket I have 3 African Violets) Keep the plastic that is in the bottom of the flower or plant basket and this will catch any excess water when watering your plants.
- This basket holds small shampoo bottles, soaps, bath salts, bubble bath, sponges, hair products.
- Baskets for make-up are sometimes useful if you have a shortage of storage areas.
Baskets for the kitchen
- A basket that holds medications that family members use daily or perhaps once a month. such as Aspirin, Band-aids, Prescription Medications, gauze, tape, etc.
- For the dogs a basket to hold dog supplies such as shampoo, skunk wash, ear cleaner, gauze pads for ear cleaner, which all fits nicely under the kitchen sink.
- In a kitchen cupboard a basket for soup supplies such as bags of dried peas, minestrone mix, pastas, dried soup mixes.
- Bread baskets are a wonderful addition to the dinner table.
Baskets in other rooms
- Larger Basket to hold CD's or movies or to store paperback books in. These baskets I purchased at IKEA for $7.00 each.
- A Basket on top of a dresser makes a great catch all.
- Basket placed on the floor or a table to hold dried, fresh, or artificial flowers.
- Wicker laundry baskets will last you for years.
Recycling for Gifting
Have too many baskets? Gift baskets make a warm and welcomed gift for any occasion. Fill them with treats that you've baked or with soups for an ill person. There are endless ideas on how you can get creative with a gift basket.
"Even the simplest wicker basket can become priceless when it is loved and cared for through the generations of a family." Sister Parish
Baskets are great to organize toys.
When my children were smaller in their playroom my husband had built shelving on two walls of the room, and upon the shelves were baskets galore to hold toys.
My dream closet should it ever be built, will have shelves with baskets upon baskets.
Walking around just now to take pictures of some of my baskets for this hub, I never realized how basket obsessed I am. I have baskets in every room. One may think that I’m a “ Basket-Case”.
More by this Author
Thinking that I had to go out and purchase a new coffee maker, I found using CLR to clean the machine totally revived it.
Not using your silver or your silver flatware because it is tarnished and too hard to clean? With Tarn-X it can be shiny and looking brand new within minutes. See how easily I cleaned mine that is over 55 years old.
Find out how to correct biting, chewing jumping, rough play, begging, barking and digging when your dog has behavioral problems.