Hot Tub Basics
Choosing the right Hot Tub
Choosing the right Hot Tub is a detailed procedure and you need to ask yourself a series of questions;
1. What type of Hot tub do you want? Hot tubs can come in many different variations; indoor and outdoor, portable or permanent, sunken and above ground.
2. What Jacuzzi manufacturer should i choose? Respected manufacturers in the UK are Vision, Spa Crest, Waterstream Hot Tubs, Artesian Spa's, HotSpring Spa's, Marquis Spa and Hydropool Hot Tubs.
3. What size and style of spa do you want? The size factor obviously relies on the available room in your house or back garden for the spa to reside. Spa size also relates to the number of seats that you wish to have in your tub. Will your spa be a permanent fixture or a portable blow up hot tub which can be easily deflated and moved to a new position? The permanent options are in ground, sunken hot tubs or above ground hot tub enclosures.
4. What type of construction do you want? It is important to note that if you are choosing a permanent outdoor hot tub then the construction materials should be highly durable that includes full insulation, ensuring maximum retention of heat and obviously cutting the running costs that come with hot tubs.
5. What additional Hot Tub accessories and gizmos do you want? Adding features such as waterfalls and fountains, or lighting and entertainment systems, can bring the extra luxury or romance. If fragrance is your thing then consider an Air Blower which adds beautiful perfume to the air bubbles in the tub, leading to a therapeutic aromatherapy session.
6. Can i get a cheap Hot Tub online It's often worth seeing if you can find a cheap or discounted hot tub online. It's always worth checking out with dealers locally so you can see the product with your own eyes and test drive it but everyone now that there is always a bargain to be had online and hot tubs are no exception!
The Benefits of Owning a Hot Tub
Hot Tubs have many benefits including Stress Relief, Hydrotherapy Healing, Increasing Home value and Socialising.
Hot tub spa's are also known to ease sufferers of Multiple Sclerosis, Cerebral Palsy, Carpel Tunnel Syndrome, Fibromyalgia and Tendonitis and it is also believed to be beneficial to sufferers of diabetes.
Hot tubs are a great way to relax with friends and family, whether that is getting the kids away from the television or creating a romantic ambience with your partner.
A hot tub can be a perfect social extension of your living room enabling relaxation and quality family time.
Health Benefits through Hydrotherapy
Bathing in a good quality hot tub or Jacuzzi that has a combined action of air and water massage causes blood vessels to dilate lowering blood pressure, strengthening blood circulation and stimulating the immune system. This is the thermal effect and benefit of Hydrotherapy.
When the body is immersed in a hot spa it can experience a 90% decrease in body weight, similar to that of the feeling of weightlessness. This can help sufferers of Arthritis and Rheumatism as it takes the pressure off the joints and is known to increase mobility as the hot water warms the collagen in the joints, making it more malleable. The relaxation of the bodily muscles have also been known to aid rehabilitation and make the sufferers of Multiple Sclerosis, Cerebral Palsy, Carpel Tunnel Syndrome, Fibromyalgia and Tendonitis more comfortable. Pain relief is the physical effect of Hydrotherapy.
It has recently been discovered that people suffering from type 2 diabetes can also reap the positive effects of hydrotherapy.
Warm water massage and jet therapy can be a therapeutic means to stimulate the body into releasing endorphins that can combat depression and reduce stress in a natural way, beneficially affecting the human psyche and eliminating anxiety and tension. Nothing beats relaxing and being in a good mood!
Hot tubs, as well as leading to the realise of endorphins, can cause a reduction in stress hormones as well such as noradenalin. This can aid suffers of insomnia as the body relaxes, leading to a good nights sleep.
Increasing Home value
A hot tub is extremely likely to add value to your home when selling up and in most cases is very appealing to a new home buyer especially in warmer climates. Hot tubs or spa’s are seen as a real luxury item, yet they are easy to maintain and clean and are not usually a risk for young families as a swimming pool would be because of the ability to cover them up securely.
As we can see, the benefits of using a hot tub are varied and massive. Why not invest.....