How To Become A Top Salesperson - 5 Traits of a Successful Real Estate Agent
Do You Say " It's not a mess; I know where everything is."?See results without voting
Real Estate Agent Success Training
If you want to be a successful Real Estate Agent you have to first know what your strengths and weaknesses in order to improve.
Forget about the negative thoughts that come to mind when you think of a salesperson. Untrained salespeople show arrogance,lack of concern and greed chasing prospects away. Properly trained ethical salespeople is who I am writing for.
When you practice ethics with proper sales training you get:
How we get what we want and how successful we are doing it determines how consistent we are with our sales skills.
Yes, there are basic skills you need to get sales and referrals. Your natural abilities can only take you so far and if arrogance is in the mix you are throwing potential business away.
- Common Sense - Common things we are familiar with make sense. That is why we have to study our craft to avoid not making sense because of our arrogance.
- Organization - Not knowing everything about our day and business can cause you to lose business and appear unorganized. A simple task like planning your work/wardrobe for the week or the day before can elevate your confidence.
- Ability to say "NO". Taking more on than you can handle is like building a house without doors. You must know how to multitask and when to say "NO". exam: Set a time to catch up on paperwork as if it's an appointment and stick to it. Refuse doing anything that will upset this important task if it is not an emerge
5 Qualities Of A Top Real Estate Agent
Many people go with the first real estate agent they meet to find their home but never really know what they are dealing with until the process begins. Do you report updates as promised? Did you give your clients realistic goals? Are you worth a referral?
- Peoples Skills - If you don';t have peoples skill you can inadvertently send off the wrong signals.This skill must be learned and practiced. Learn to smile when you greet someone and strategically interrupt only in emergencies.
- Listen to everything you client has to say and address any concerns; this will tell you what your client needs and expects. Exam: "Every time my family comes in town we go to the pool". This will tell you to find a home with extra bathrooms ,large backyard,finished basement and possibly a pool. When prospects don't feel listened to they will not sign contracts and certainly will not send referrals.
- Don't Procrastinate. Do tasks and returns calls right away. Doing things that need to be done now and putting off insignificant task for later will enhance your chances of closing deals. Remember you competitor is waiting for your client.
- Planner. Having a plan and working your plan will assure you are on point and your client is satisfied. Example action Plan: Schedule 3 Open house events, Schedule client update calls, Schedule reports to be emailed, etc
- Enthusiasm - Showing your prospects and clients that you are motivated will give them peace of mind. This simple trait can be the game changer between you and other Real Estate agents
Applying the traits above into your everyday sales practice will give your prospects confidence and security in the fact that they are dealing with the right person. These are the traits you must have on your road to being a successful Real Estate Agent.
If we do not change our direction, we are likely to end up where we are headed.
A Realtor is more than a salesperson they are a consultant. Playing the consultant role will allow you to show concern while motivating your prospects into signing on the dotted line, closing deals and getting referrals.
Remember your deal is never over, it is just beginning always check on your past clients and they will always send referrals and use you in the future.
Consultative Listing Real Estate Agent
A consultative listing agent will work smart for placing the right people with the right home. When they are at opening houses they are constantly looking to meet the person that is looking for your home.
They are matching their listings to people all the time, so don't worry when your good agent is doing an open house for someone else, they are still marketing your house. It is a known fact that people don't buy the first thing they see. A good agent is always making new contacts, if they concentrated only on one project at a time they would have missed your perfect buyer.
A good Real Estate agent is sending the word out and searching for your buyer with their unique consultative strategy every day.
- Client feels confident in agent.
- Communication is open.
- Structured approach to problem.
Why Consultants Make the Best Real Estate Agent
Being a consultant will build trust first and allow you to extract all needed information saving you time and unnecessary work. If you discover that you cannot work with a person you have interviewed, you would have at least built a positive rapport that will send you referrals; while others will send the lead packing losing future business.
Building a rapport between client/agent will build trust and assure a great communicative exchange. It is very important to be able to work together without unanswered questions keeping you from a successful outcome.
- Provide best offer/sales price.
- Detail oriented.
- Knowledgeable negotiator.
When spending time being a consultative agent you will not only assure your potential client you are interested in helping them sell or buy their home (like most) but are interested in their needs and wants as well. Building a relationship is what makes more business and long time friends that send you referrals.
- Build Relationship
- Get referrals.
- Do more business.
Of course when doing business you want to always be taking seriously. Why work so hard for a client and not hard enough for their referrals.
- Speak clearly.
- Dress professionally.
- Be confident.
A good consultative real estate agent will make sure that you will think of them whenever you think about real estate by being able to answer any question or find the answer and by
- Market Knowledge
- Showing the best property for the need of the buyer.
You can do business in any market by being trained to be a consultative agent. For an agent referral nearest you that will offer you a buyers agreement (guarantee to end agreement at any time dissatisfied)
Choosing the Best Real Estate Agent To Sell Your Home can be a confusing process and certainly finding an agent after your listing expired can be baffling. Learn the qualities of a good real estate agent and slowly practice those skills. Becoming an agent that closes more deals starts with changing the way we do business.
More by this Author
Anti-Aging skin care should start way before the signs of aging begins to maintain youthful skin. Getting wrinkles on our skin is something we never consider until.....
Learn how to clean the dirt and smell from your dirty work boot. You don't have to throw your boots away. See why!
Need to clean your leather boots? Ever thought about washing your boots? Washing them not only gives them a fresh start but cleans Odor causing bacteria from perspiration. See how.....