How To Make Plaster Of Paris Wall Hangings?
When you go to the market, you usually see wall hangings made of "plaster of Paris", and you often wish you could make something like that too. Well, this wish will be a wish no more, because today, I'm going to tell you how to make pretty plaster of Paris wall hangings.Things you need
- Plaster of Paris
- An empty vessel (for mixing)
- A moulding plate (preferably made of flexible plastic)
- A sharp knife
- A sturdy piece of wire
- Poster paints
How to go about?
- Take the plaster of Paris in an empty vessel. Add water to it and mix it thoroughly, until it has a smooth texture, neither too thick nor too viscous.
- Now pour it uniformly into the moulding plate.
- Twist a strong piece of wire to form a hook and insert it into the plaster.
- Place the apparatus where it can dry easily. Give it at least 15 to 20 minutes for good results. After it turns completely dry, invert the plate and stretch it back to remove the dried plaster disc. If it is hard to come out, draw a sharp knife at its corner and take it out.
Turn the disc over. Here's your painting surface! Draw a character on it and fill it with colours to make it beautiful. Or you could draw some scenery or flowers on it. You can shade it or use beads to beautify your painting. Try using pieces of cloth to make clothes for the cartoon characters you have drawn.
Experiment with wool to make its hair. Your beautiful plaster of Paris wall-hanging is all done! Now try making it and beautify your room.
More by this Author
Its is common in our homes specially families having small kids that the walls are often dirty. It is the favorite hobby of kids to color the walls or make them dirty in some way or the other. But if you act a little...
The dictionary definition of bleach is "the whiteness that results from removing colour from some thing." The process of bleaching is now extensively applied in science. It is a process that provides a handy...
History is full of legends that still mystify and entertain. These legends come from cultures all over the world. Some are held as strong beliefs, while others have faded away with time. The...