How To Plan A Garden Clearance Project
Best Time To Plan Your Garden Clearance Project
A Cheap Gardener? Wait! How Much Garden Can You Clear Yourself Or With Friends? The best time of year to plan your garden clearance project is during the period from winter to spring. You will have all the time to plan your landscape garden project safely indoors from the grey dank weather outside. It is also a quiet time to book rubbish removal skips and a cheap gardener or landscape garden contractors for after your big project is clear and ready to go.
Most trees and shrubs are bare of their heavy, thick foliage at this time of year, or in early spring, so you can get a better view down the garden and the branches and boughs are more manageable. Brambles are easier to handle too, although ivy is a pain all year round!
List For Your Garden Clearance Project
1. Make a Garden Clearance list of things/services you will need:
b) Shears,hedge-trimmer,spade,pruning saw,loppers,wheelbarrow,shredder
c) Gloves, protective clothing,health and safety equipment,goggles,ear defenders
d) Equipment hire for rotovator or mini-digger
Tasks For Your Garden Clearance Project
1. Clear garden of rubbish using wheelbarrow and boards to ferry waste to the skip, bonfire or shredder area.
2. Cut back any unwanted dead, dying, overgrown or neglected tree foliage or shrubs. Bush trees and free standing fruiting trees or bush trees like orchard trees should be pruned when in winter as they're dormant then. But any trees that have been trained like espaliers, peaches, fan-trained specimens or cordons are better pruned in August and September.
3. Trees that have become elderly and neglected trees can be very strong growers still and can get too large, with the fruit out of reach. You can re-juvenate them across two to three years if you by cut out all the dying, dead or diseased ridden wood along with some main branches to let more light in. You can also shorten some to side branches and thin any over-crowded spurs which will stimulate new shoots.
4. Rip out any unwanted ivy and brambles, taking as much root as you can. Do not compost.
5. Rotovate lumpy, brown, weedy old lawns and either re-seed or order turf. Put down new topsoil or organic matter first. Then sieve and level.
6. Order your pretty new plants!
Try To Use A Local Garden Clearance Contractor - They're Usually Way Cheaper!
- Green Grounds The Landscape Gardeners Devon: Devon Garden Clearance From Your Local Landscape Garden
Devon Garden Clearance, Landscape Gardeners and Grass Cutting Contractors.
More by this Author
Slavery in the Ottoman empire in Europe played a big part in the success of it's military and was instrumental in administering it's government and administration
Elizabeth Browning Sonnet 43 Analysis This sonnet analysis of the famous 'How Do I Love Thee' poem explores mainly the artful way in which Elizabeth Browning blends the subtlety of poetic technique and spirituality...
My Cheap Way To Heat A Room-Cheapest Electric Panel Heaters Running Costs - we compared all panel heaters,this is the cheap electric heater we chose.