How To Remove Red Wine Stains From Furniture and Carpet In A Flash
Remove Wine Stains
Is That A Wine Stains In My Chair?
Your enjoying the evening while your guest are admiring your home and new furniture (that you probably should have paid the extra money to have it treated for stains). Oh well you can do it later. Than it happens...
What? Did you just hear there was a wine spill? And your serving "red wine". You are mortified and don't know where to begin. This is has happened to many and it is a matter of time that it will happen to you; my fellow red wine drinker.
How To Remove Red Wine Stains
Well firstly have a handy spray bottle available to put some club soda in. I know you heard about club soda before, and I'm telling you again.
When you know what to do you can take care of the issue and continue enjoying your company. No problemo!
How To Remove Red Wine Stains From Furniture
Have these items in a place you can find them easily when needed. You can put together a wine removal kit for emergencies.
- spray bottle/soda siphon
- wet vac
- talcum powder
- brush/soft clothe
You must act fast but don't panic. Everything will be alright because you know what to do. By using a spray bottle/soda siphon you will force the wine to lift up out of the furniture you will then use a very absorbent towel to suck it all up or a wet vac. If you don't have club soda use white wine.
- Blot the diluted wine up well.
- Use warm water and blot again.
- Spray white wine,club soda, or warm water on stain.
- Absorb with towel or thick sponge
- Pour talcum powder on chair to absorb moisture.
- After waiting a few minutes you will brush powder off with brush or cloth.
- Repeat the talcum powder process until all moisture and stain is removed.
How To Remove Fresh Red Wine From Your Carpet
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1/2 cup cold water
- baking soda
- Mix vinegar and cold water in cup.
- Pour small amount in bowl with baking soda to make paste.
- Spoon paste onto stain. Gently press (not rub) in with cloth.
- Let stand for 2-3 minute and move toward center and scoop up.
- Pour water and vinegar mixture over remainder and blot up.
- Repeat until solution and stain is gone.
- Let dry
How To Remove Old Stubborn Red Wine Stains From Carpet
Removing older and more stubborn wine stains can be toxic and you should have your area well ventilated or a face mask on.
- hydrogen peroxide
- large hair comb
- 3 spray bottles
- Steam iron
Mix 3oz peroxide and 3 oz amonia in spray bottle. Mix 8 ounces of water with 2 tablespoons of white vinegar. Your cloths must be folded twice to protect carpet from iron. Keep the steam iron filled and have steam setting on. Keep moving and pressing your iron during treatment.
WARNING:You will want to pretest a small area first before applying to full area. Never let iron touch carpet.
- Spray mixture of hydrogen peroxide and amonia on stained area.
- Wet white towel with cold water squeeze out water well and fold twice.
- Place over stained area and use steam iron to draw out stain.
- Check under cloth for carpet color loss. You want to only see color from stain.
- Repeat step 2 and 3
- When stain is removed spray with water vinegar mix.
- Repeat step 2 and 3
- spray clear cold water
- Use dry cloth and iron over to pull out excess moisture.
- Use large comb to gently fluff up carpet. Let dry!
You can now save yourself from expensive furniture and carpet replacements or embarrassments. This technique works for red juice also. Don't forget to always pretest spots before moving forward with these methods and always protect yourself with gloves and a well ventilated room when using toxic chemicals.
These tips will surely keep your furniture and carpet looking good after scary accidents. Get all of the supplies you need to be able to save the day or evening. You never want to experience a red wine spill and cost yourself new furniture in the process.
Learning how to remove red wine stains is not just a tip but a life saver.
More by this Author
After living with sarcoidosis for over 20 years I wanted to share. Whenever I cheated my symptoms came back. Learn how to avoid unnecessary damage from sarcoidosis natually.
Learn how to clean the dirt and smell from your dirty work boot. You don't have to throw your boots away. See why!
Anti-Aging skin care should start way before the signs of aging begins to maintain youthful skin. Getting wrinkles on our skin is something we never consider until.....