How To Unplug A Kitchen Sink Without Using Tools
Guest are ready to arrive and suddenly, you have a clogged kitchen sink. Frantically running around you realize there isn't a plunger anywhere to be found. Anxiety sets in and your guests are due at any moment. Trying to prepare for the BBQ you planned weeks ago, there isn't any time to run to the store and purchase a plunger." Suddenly you have epiphany there are things you can use in the house without purchasing a plunger or contacting a plumber in Sydney."
Now days most apartments, condominiums, flats and homes have double kitchen sinks. But although far and few in between, you will still find residences with single kitchen sinks. These simple steps on how to unplug a kitchen sink, well work exactly the same with a single sink and is just as easy to do.
Here are a few easy simple steps that only take a few minutes to do and will not break the bank or cost a single penny. The only thing needed is a garbage disposal cover if you have a double sink or a towel or rag for a single sink.
With just a little elbow grease, here are a few quick and simple steps to get your drain unclogged in minutes.
Needed: Garbage disposal plug ( for two sinks) , old towel or rag (for one sink).
1. (Single Sink) Take the towel or rag and cover the drain. With both hands plunge the drain until the pressure of the water releases the clog. This may take a few times and a little bit of upper body strength, but with determination it can be accomplished.
2. (Double Sink) Cover the garbage disposal area with the disposal plug. If you do not have one use a towel or old rag, but be careful you do not drop the towel or rag into the disposal. Take your dish towel or rag and cover the regular sink drain. Holding the garbage disposal cap so that it builds pressure, begin to plunge the clog in your sink with the rag and then release the garbage disposal plug. Continue to plunge until you see complete release of water from your clogged sink.
3. After drain is unplugged run water in sink to make sure clog has cleared.
4. Turn on garbage disposal while water is running to rid it of any residual food build-up.
5..Clean both sinks with a natural chemical-free product and use.
*Warning* Never run the garbage disposal while attempting to unclog the drain. Never place your hand inside of the garbage disposal. If necessary unplug the garbage disposal under the sink and follow the steps. Plug garbage disposal back into to wall plate once clog has cleared.
These simple steps can be used if your clog is simple. If sand or other oddities are clogging your drain try using a stringent product such as Drano. If the clog persists contact a licensed plumber in your area.
- Kitchen Sink Plumbing Installation Tips
Installing kitchen sink plumbing is not as difficult as you think. It will cost you a lot less money than having to call a plumber. You can find all of the necessary supplies at your local hardware store...
- How to Replace a Kitchen Sink Sprayer Hose and be Yo...
An easy to follow guide for replacing a kitchen sprayer nozzle. The 3 easy steps take very little time and save you loads of plumbing costs by doing it yourself.
More by this Author
American National Insurance a review of what could happen when someone takes out a life insurance policy. It is from an individual perspective who has dealt with the company firsthand.
Have you ever wondered who created some of the dumbest laws in the United States? Did you know sagging pants and drinking from a bucket are against the law?
Reading this, sent chills down my spine and has taken a long time for me to even .....