How pocket spring mattresses work
Pocket springs are fast becoming the most popular type of filling for a mattress. Because they offer a number of advantages over a conventional open-coil or foam mattress, pocket sprung mattresses seem like to become the industry standard within a couple of years.
Here are some benefits you can expect from a pocket sprung mattress (based on facts presented by associations like the Sleep council, not just on hearsay from bed manufacturers):
- Pocket springs are individually wrapped and unlike open coil springs, are independent of each other. This means each spring works in isolation, ensuring you don't roll off the bed.
- Pocket springs last longer. It is estimated that a pocket spring mattress will last 20% longer than an open coil mattress of the same quality.
- When you move around the bed during the night on a pocket sprung mattress, your partner won't be bounced around the bed with you. On higher quality pocket spring mattresses, your partner shouldn't even notice your midnight acrobatics.
- Pocket springs can be tailored to deal with the body's pressure points, providing a more comfortable sleeping surface and helping to relieve aches and pains caused while sleeping.
Pocket Sprung Mattress
There are countless online stores selling pocket spring mattresses, but you should approach with caution. Because you're making a big decision switching to a pocket spring mattress, we recommend you conduct some market research before whipping out your credit card.
This can be done in a number of ways:
- Test a bed out in a local store. Then shop online for a better price. This isn't immoral, it's simply taking advantage of the discounts available to you.
- Read up on the bed/mattress you're interested in on impartial bed review sites. Here's an example of a review site for Rest Assured mattresses and beds. I'm not sure that it's impartial but the information provided does seem honest and detailed.
- Ask your friends. Sure, talking about beds at a dinner party may not seem like a likely way to pass the time, but it may provide some useful insights.
More by this Author
For millions of people around the world sleeping isn’t as relaxing and rejuvenating as it should be. Worn out mattresses, poorly chosen spring tensions and uncomfortable mattress fillings can rob you of a good...
No comments yet.