How to Choose the Best Realtor
Buying or selling your home is one of the largest decisions you will ever make in your life. So, having the best representation in a real estate agent should be a top priority. Not only will you get top dollar for your home but, you will also get the best deal if you are buying one to. There are a few things to look for when you are choosing the best real estate agent.
1. Check with the state to make sure they are licensed
2. Check their Background and Qualifications
These first two steps in finding the best real estate agent for you are the cornerstone of the relationship you are going to have. First, check to see if the real estate agent is not licensed by the state, than they should be automatically removed from your list. Most states, have a real estate board in their directory so check with your state government website for more information. Second, as a real estate agent there is minimal educational qualifications that must be met for an ongoing basis make sure that these educational credits are updated.
There are also some highly specific questions you want to address to yourself or the agent you choose.
Is the agent an active real estate agent?
1. Is their realtor license. In good standing?
2. Does the agent belong to multiple MLS systems or online home buyers search?
3. Are they a full time real estate agent?
4. What designations does the realtor hold?
5. Which party does the realtor represent the buyer or seller?
The more questions you ask the better your chances of finding a valuable agent to work with you in selling or buying property.
When you have chosen an agent, there are certain obligations as a home buyer or seller that you are obligated to. If, you find your real-estate agent has not lived up to these obligations then you need to find a new one.
1. Agent must always put client interest above their own
2. Agent must keep all client information confidential
3. Agent must obey lawful instruction
4. Agent must account for all monies owed
These four steps are extremely important, if there is any type of suspected breach of trust then it is time to find a new agent.
You also want to be aware of the basic difference between a buyer’s realtor and a seller’s realtor
There are certain circumstances where you want to be careful what you tell the opposing persons real-estate agent. For example, if you decide to make a bid on a house for x amount of dollars then that price is what you are offering. But, say for example, you tell the real estate agent you are willing to pay x amount more dollars then your initial offer then this is where it can be tricky.
1. If, the sellers realtor is the one you are talking with. Than it is in the best interest of the seller’s realtor to tell the sellers that you are willing to pay more than the initial asking price. This puts you at a negotiating disadvantage.
2. If, you are talking to your own realtor then that realtor is bound by the confidentiality agreement and cannot disclose the intention of its clients
So, hiring your own realtor is a must for you to get the best deal and the ability to negotiate properly.
More by this Author
How to build the perfect dog house for your family friend. With all the comforts of home while he is out side to enjoy a new peaceful place your dog can call home
Taiwan is one of the most unique countries in the world. It provides visitors and tourist many wonderful things to experiance like culture, history, and raditions of tawians people. Here, are 20 of the most interesting...
Nicaragua is the land of traditions, history and culture that cannot be found anywhere else in the world. Lets take a look at some of the fun and interesting facts that make Nicaragua one of the best countries in the...
No comments yet.