How to Clean a Computer Screen Using Water
(c) kevin languedoc (klanguedoc)
To Safely Clean Your Computer Monitor using Water will help keep your computer, its monitor and other peripherals clean and maintain your system in good health and yours also. Computer monitors quickly attract and collect dust, grease, grime, fingerprints that can reduce its clarity and effectiveness. Depending on your environment where your computer is located, like sn home office, house with pets, you may need to clean more often since more dust and grease or grime may be more aggressively attaching to your computer. Computer are devices that can have a lot static, especially in heated environments and static electricity will attract undesirable elements.
Flat screen computer screens have special coatings to help with contrast and glare. Using chemicals on these screens can cause permanent damage to this special coating.
For best results only use water and a lint free cloth. Avoid detergents and other product that may contain harmful chemicals. If you have hard to remove grime, you can use a mixture of white vinegar and water, preferably distilled.
The cloth you use must be soft with no hard or sharp fibers as these can scratch the surface of flat screen monitors.
Where is your computer (laptop) locatedSee results without voting
Describe your computer environmentSee results without voting
Your environment where your computer is located plays a huge factor on the frequency of your cleaning maintenance.
Below is a chart that provides an approximation of the cleaning frequency depending on your environment. Since it is hard to gauge each environment and the multiple factors that may contribute to the buildup of grime, the chart will provide you with an idea of the frequency you should clean your computer. Always use your better judgement. If you see your computer monitor, keyboard or mouse getting dirty more quickly, then increase the frequency of your cleaning schedule.
Do not over abuse the frequency since you can damage the monitor. Over cleaning can damage the surface of your monitor which has a special coverage covering. You can also the pixels that your monitor displays.
Cleaning Frequency Chart
In an enclosed area
Used by young children & pre-teens
There are pets in the same environment
In an industrial setting
In an open space
In a home office
Computer is used by mutiple people
Eat and drink around computer
Used by teens
Cleaning Instructions For Monitors
To safely clean your monitor using water, follow these instructions.
- Always turn off your monitor and your computer or your laptop to ensure that no electrical power in coming into the devices.
- Dampen a lint-free cloth with water. Don’t over wet the cloth since running or dripping water can run down into the computer (laptop) or get into the electrical circuitry of the monitor and permanently damage the computer or monitor. Never use a sprayer as the water can get into the electrical circuitry.
- You use caution when cleaning the monitor. Don’t apply too much pressure or rub too hard if you encounter hard to remove grime. Rubbing too hard can permanently damage the surface of the monitor.
- Use diagonal motions either from top down or vice versa. Avoid using circular motions or rubbing repeatedly back and forward.
- Gently wipe the screen dry with a lint free cloth. Again wiping in a diagonal motion instead of in circles.
- To clean the plastic or aluminium (Apple) case of the monitor or laptop, you can use normal household products or you can stick to water.
Following these simple steps will ensure that you continue to enjoy your computer for many years and also reduce eye strain as a result of a grimy computer screen.
More by this Author
There are several ways to use Objective-C to read, write and create files and directories. This tutorial presents one way, which is adapted for the IOS 5 SDK.
Sitting postures to avoid back pain while sitting at a computer workstation or desk starts with an office ergonomic chair. Choosing the right office chair to lower pain is key to good posture for computer use. Lower...
A free and complete software development proposal template with budget, ROI and CAGR formulas and instructions. Detailed instructions to help you prepare a winning software development proposal.