How to Clean the 20 Most Cumbersome Items in Your House
Cleaning Goes Faster With The Right Tools and Products
Having the right tools and products on hand can make cleaning your house go quickly and smooth. During the season when you can open your doors and windows, you get an opportunity to do some cleaning that you have long neglected or postponed because of weather conditions or the tedious task. I've developed this list of 20 most cumbersome items to clean in your house, and a solution for every one.
Cleaning can be enjoyable when you know the shortcuts. Find out if your item is on the list and start enjoying a more pleasing indoor atmosphere. After a thorough cleaning, your house will begin to feel fresh and new again. Check out the list.
First 10 Cumbersome Items To Clean
1. Artificial Plant Leaves
2. Base of Toilet
6. Exhaust Fans
7. Headboard of Bed
8. Kitchen Cabinets
10 Cumbersome Items to Clean
11. Return Vents
12. Shelves - Really Tall
13. Telephone Reciever
14. Television Border
15. Television Screen
16. Top of Chester Drawer
20. Webs (as in Cobwebs).
Use Green Cleaning Products to Clean Your Home
Cleaning Tools and Products
Most cleaning can be accomplished with three cleaning tools:
Duster. A good duster can clean almost every cumbersome item on the list.
Cloth. Household items that can not be cleaned with a duster can be cleaned with a reusable microfiber cloth.
Cleaning Agents. There are tons of cleaning solutions and agents on the market. Some have been around for decades. Some cleaning products are new and improved. I like the disinfectant wipes for in-between quick cleanings.
Cleaning Dust Is a Joy Using a Good Cloth
Tips to Plan Your House Cleaning Day
1. Choose a day when everyone is away or sleep. Cleaning goes better when no one is disturbing you. Clean with background music, it helps and makes cleaning more enjoyable. Think about the results and reward you are giving yourself by giving it an indoor face-lift. Cleaning your house is the cheapest home improvement investment you can make.
2. Try not to clean on your day off - but that is probably hard to do. If you have to clean on your day off, break up your cleaning to two parts. Do half of your house cleaning one day, then the other half the following day. Reserve time for rest and relaxation.
3. Clean when you energized. Try not to clean when you are tired, you will only get more tired and exhausted.
4. Spot check clean. Make it a point to clean as you go from room-to-room. It can be easy to just let these cumbersome areas go, but the longer you dismiss them the more challenging they become. Blinds are one of the items that accumulates dust very easily, and if allowed to go too long, you won't be able to clean them effectively. - I've had a few blinds like that.
5. Involve you children in the process. Since our little blessings create dirt and mess, they should be invited to join in the cleaning process. Limit their responsibility for safety reasons. Get them their own little duster and cloth, and have them be responsible for their own room at a very young age - Pre-K is appropriate.
Hire a Cleaning Service
The last resort to keeping your house clean when you don't have time, is to hire a cleaning service or maid. If you can fit the cost of a hiring a cleaning service in your budget, this is a great option.
Perhaps your elderly parent needs help around the house or you aren't well, bringing someone in to do the work for you will solve your problem. You especially need someone to come in to clean if you are sick so that bacteria and germs can't breed in your home.
If hiring someone is not feasible, get some help from your family. Bribe your grandchildren to help you and treat them to something special after they complete the task. Make sure your guest use protective gloves when cleaning the house.
Tips For Cleaning House For My "Work-At-Home" Mates
I have a habit of constantly cleaning on a daily basis because I am in view of alot of my home. But if you incorporate the 3 tips listed, you will be well on your way to a better day.
1. Reserve the most difficult and cumbersome tasks for working with a partner. My husband and I motivate each other when the hard jobs are needed. And for some reason teamwork helps you feel that you are not alone.
2. If you do not have an office, work in an area that takes your mind off cleaning. Work in pleasant surrounding. Work in a well-lit area that is clean and attractive.
3. Plan your work day so that cleaning projects have no room to overtake you. Create a list of writing goals and freelance work you have on a daily basis so the cobwebs won't catch your eye. And just in case you are behind on cleaning, keep some disinfectant cloths near you to do a quick clean.
Vote / Comment
As a young girl, my mother taught me to clean the house on Saturdays - the day I was out of school. She trained me well enough to leave me to clean alone, and when she returned the house would be to her liking when she returned.
I sure do appreciate your time, and hope that you received some helpful information that you will use and share with a loved one.
Please vote and leave a comment for this article.
More by this Author
Bragg organic apple cider vinegar gives you amazing energy. Get the one with 'mother'. You energy will boost within days. If you feel sluggish, you might need to detox. ACV helps your body detox and rid it of...
Learn how to be a great moderator, emcee or host for special events. An MC or Emcee plays a major role in making your program flow smoothly. You must be enthusiastic, interactive and somewhat animated to pull this job...
Characteristics of a passionate person. Passion is having strong emotions about something. Passion is something that you have on the inside of you that motivates you to go a step further. Passion drives you beyond...