How to Decorate Your Home to Make it Beautiful
How do visitors react when they enter your house? Are they amazed by the kinds of furniture and appliances that you have? Do they appreciate the manner in which your living room and other parts of the house are arranged?
The way you arrange the furniture, the kinds of accessories you put in every corner of the house, and the ambience that this arrangement exudes make home decorating worth doing. Isn’t it a joy to stay in a house with cozy environment and with no clutter in sight?
All you need to do is to make use of all the furniture and decorations available and transform a particular room or division into an appealing sight to behold. A lot of things can be done in decorating your own home. Here are some suggestions:
1. Place the largest furniture on the longest wall of the room and keep the focal point easily visible from the place.
2. Buy small furniture that have open designs and can be rearranged easily, like two small side chairs and a small glass top coffee table.
3. Avoid ceiling lightings as they cut off the height of the room.
4. Ceilings lighter than the walls and furniture of the room make room look brighter.
5. Place the furniture in the room in such a manner that people do not stumble into it while coming in or going out of the room or when reaching cabinets and closets.
6. Soft incandescent lights placed evenly throughout the room that eliminate shadows make room look larger.
7. Soft monochromatic color schemes make room look bigger.
8. Stick to a simple lifestyle and keep your home clean and well-organized.
9. Use accessories sparingly and use mirrors and shiny reflective surfaces abundantly so that they reflect more light and make the room look bigger and more spacious.
10. Group the furniture according to function and use. As examples, place your storage discs next to your computer or the table and chairs next to your playing cards or book collections.
11. See to it that you leave space around the furniture. For example, if your furniture is cabinet, you can easily open and close its doors and drawers.
More by this Author
We need to consider all the 5 basic elements in beautifying the interior of our house.
In interior home decoration,"6 Principles of Design"--unity, balance, contrast, emphasis, proportion, and rhythm--must be applied with the "5 Elements of Design" to achieve a beautiful home.
Through cattle-raising, agricultural by-products and wastes can be utilized by converting these into animal feeds. Likewise, marginal and idle lands can be made productive as forage production areas.