How to Estimate a Roofing Job
Estimating a roofing job depends on a range of factors such as the roofing material, the accessories, the labour cost and the kind of job needed. A typical job involves accessories such as roll roofing, starter strips, underlayment, drip edges, hip & ridge shingles and valley flashing. It is easy to estimate the cost of the material by calculating the area. To start the work, the estimate of quantity of each stuff should be derived from calculations of the dimensions of the roof.
Cost of material depends on shapes
It can be designed in various styles and shapes. The shapes involves a combination of rectangles, squares, triangles and trapezoids. The area may involve calculations related to the basic shapes. One of the commonest forms is the one without any projections and it may involve simple rectangle shape. The complex ones are made with intersecting wings and projections, which involves calculations of the planes and the area. These may involve a number of subdivisions that is added to estimate the total area, which is finally calculated to estimate the job.
Steps to measure the estimate
· Measure the total area, calculated from the area calculations of the shapes, involved in measurements.
· If any material is available, the condition of the stuff is assessed to find out if it can be reused, or it requires complete replacement.
· The cost used for building the roof can be calculated from the determination of the cost per square. The total number of squares used can be multiplied to the cost per square.
· The cost of labour, taxes and transportation can be added to the total cost.
· The total cost depends on various other factors such as the location of building, the height of the building, the access to material, the weather conditions etc.
Tips to Estimate the Job
1. Prior research in roofing companies saves trouble in the later stage.
2. Before ordering for the job, the material and price should be compared.
3. Proper combination of color and material should be used for replacing the roof.
4. Quality stuff should be used to ensure security of the building and to prevent rework in the later stage.
5. The stuff should be installed properly by experienced workmen.
6. Good material and efficient work will reduce the risks of leakage. It will also help to maintain the beauty of the building.
7. The work related to the insulation and sealants should be properly done and the cost should be used to calculate the total cost of roofing. Generally, a thicker insulation is installed to reduce the level of seeps or heat into the house.
8. The cost may involve extra cost of salary and training to the workmen. In such conditions, the contractors may make a high estimate of cost.
9. References from reliable customers of the roofing contractors can provide the needed information about their job and reliability.
More by this Author
Opening Times: Weekdays -10.00 AM - 2.00 PM Address: Corner North Terrace and King William Street Adelaide, SA 5000 Phone:61 0 8 8237 9206 URL:...
Opening Times: 10AM -5PM Daily Address: 126 Lipson Street Port Adelaide SA 5015 Phone:08 8207 6255 URL: http://www.history.sa.gov.au/maritime/maritime.htm ...
Opening Times: Mon - Fri: From 7.15am Sat & Sun: From 9am Address: North Terrace Adelaide, SA 5000 Australia Phone: (618) 8222 9311 URL:...
No comments yet.