How to Make Flower and Plant Pots out of Newspapers
Are you thinking of growing some plants in your home or garden and need more pots than you picked up from the hardware store? Or are you just frustrated when you have to transfer the plants into the ground? Decrease your carbon footprint and make it easy to plant out your herbs, crops and flowers. Learn how to make your own newspaper pots that are economical, environmentally friendly, and can be planted into the ground.
What you need:
1. Cut the newspaper into rectangles of about 9 x 6 in.
2. Place three rectangles of newspaper on top of each other and wrap them around a jar or can.Leave about 2-3 inches of overlay at the bottom of the jar.
3. Fold the extra newspaper at the bottom of the jar so that it is flat.Leave it on a flat surface for about an hour, so it doesn’t lose its shape.
4. Pull out the jar from the newspaper and fold over the top of the newspaper to keep a straight shape.
5. Fill the newspaper pots with damp soil and push in the seeds.Keep the pots on a flat surface until the seeds begin to sprout.
6. Plant the newspaper, soil and seeds together in the ground.
If you're having trouble, watch Dave do it
More by this Author
This guide will break down what is found on a typical sushi menu so you know what you are eating when visiting a sushi bar or restaurant.
If you have a garden, you probably have pests and although there is an ample selection of pesticides, you may not want to spray poison on your plants. This hub will give you step-by-step instructions on how to...
This list will help you come up with your own, original sociology research topic. The top 11 sociological subjects are listed below with plenty of ideas for your research.