How to Clean and Remove Tobacco Stains on Your Walls
- Do you remember the jingle used in an old commercial that went something like this? "Mr. Clean gets rid of dirt and grime and grease in just a minute. Mr. Clean cleans your whole house, and everything that's in it."
- Well, those folks weren't just whistling Dixie...they actually knew what they were talking about. So, if the walls of your home have some nasty-looking tobacco stains that you would like to get rid of, Mr. Clean has a product that you are going to love!
Here's What You Will Need
* Mr. Clean Magic Eraser- Extra Power
* Small bowl of water
- If you have seen the television commercials for Mr. Clean Magic Erasers, you probably think, as I did, that this is just another big hype to get our money - but I decided to try them and give Mr. Clean the benefit of the doubt (after all, he has been in our family for 50 years or so). Wow, am I glad I did! So, the first step in getting rid of your ugly tobacco stains is to run out to the local supermarket or drugstore (and yes, Wal-Mart) and buy a package of these little dynamite cleaning products. I like the Mr. Clean Magic Erasers Extra Power because it cleans up to three times more than the original erasers.
- Take the product out of the box and dip the eraser in a bowl of warm water, squeezing out the excess water. Inside the eraser, which just looks like a white sponge, are tiny little water-activated micro-scrubbers that are just waiting around to do your dirty work. There is no need to add a cleanser, or to spray the stain with anything; the little white sponge, once it is wet, is all you need to get the job done.
- Start wiping on the tobacco stain in a circular motion. I have found this is the best way to use the erasers because it keeps me from using added pressure when it isn't really needed. I'm sure if you wiped in an up and down motion it would work just fine, but you don't want to apply so much pressure that you wipe paint off the walls as well as the stain.
- Rinse, squeeze out excess and repeat - you can use these sponges over and over again. I can't wait to see what Mr. Clean comes up with next.
* Don't stop with tobacco stains; these little erasers will clean almost anything you can dirty up.
* Try it for concentrated cleaning on textured surfaces, grill cooking grates and tile grout.
* These erasers are great on plastic patio furniture, windowsill frames, vinyl and much more.
Note: I don't own part of the company, and don't sell these products. I am simply a consumer who is very impressed with this amazing product.
Check Out Some of My Other Hubs
- A Humorous Look at Spring Cleaning (or "So This Is W...
When you are ready to clean out your husband's closet, you first need to read this guide. Man, can they keep some stupid stuff! Get rid of all of that old sports junk and he'll be SO SURPRISED!
- How to Find and Get Rid of Bed Bugs in Your Home
Bed bugs are nasty and dangerous. This article will show you photographs of bed bugs found in various places, and how to get rid of the little bloodsuckers!
- How to Identify and Get Rid of Tiny Booklice in Your...
This is a how-to article that will discuss ways of identifying booklice and then getting rid of them! They are little flesh-colored creatures who feed on any mold anywhere.
More by this Author
If you have a beautiful dieffenbachia plant, you can actually clone it and have more plants with the exact same characteristics. This article will explain how to do it.
This article will give you detailed instructions on how to "clone" your favorite geranium plant from a cutting. It is easy to do, and each new plant will have the same characteristics of the first plant so...
This is a how-to article on growing camellia flowers from cuttings. If you have a beautiful camellia plant, you can actually "clone" it!
No comments yet.