How to Remove the Smelly Odor from your Teenager’s Bedroom
Teenagers should be able to maintain their , but there comes a time in every parent’s lifetime when drastic action is called for and the stink emanating from your teenager’s bedroom is so strong you just have to move in the forces of parenthood, take over, de-odorize, remove the infestation, disinfect and replace the teenager back in a room free from mold, bugs, ants and general own bedrooms. body odor
Here’s how to do it
1. Open the window.
2. Remove the teenager.
3. Shower the teenager.
4. Remove the laundry.
5. Wash the laundry.
6. Remove all evidence of food. This is usually a major cause of smell as food has a tendency to go into a teenager’s bedroom, be half eaten and not come out again for a long time.
7. Remove pets. Change anything pertaining to said pet. This is frequently the source of smell as pets need a large area to spread their odor.
8. Get a garden rake and rake anything on the floor into a large pile in the middle of the floor. Pay special attention to anything hidden under the bed.
9. Load everything from the middle of the floor into a black garbage bag and put in the garbage bin. If a teenager can’t look after their own room and something is on the floor and you dispose of it, it’s not your fault, it’s theirs. Tell them if they don’t want to lose it next time then keep it off the floor.
10. Change the sheets on the bed for clean ones. You’ll need to wash everything here as chances are food has been dropped on the bedding and the linens have not been cleaned for a long time, especially if the teenager is responsible for doing his own laundry.
11. This is the point where you decide if you will attack the closet, you may wish to leave it for another day.
12. Make sure there is nothing alive in the room, no bugs, ants, mold or anything else growing.
13. Clean anything that needs cleaning, the floor, walls, bed, mattress, desk, paying special attention to corners. Don’t just vacuum, shampoo the carpet.
14. Put the clean laundry back in the bedroom.
15. Put the clean teenager back in the bedroom.
16. Put pet back in the bedroom.
17. Lecture the teenager on the fact this is the last time you are ever doing this again.
18. Repeat all of the above every time it gets too smelly.
Remember one day he will be gone and you will miss him.
Comments 5 comments
Please read some of my other decluttering hubs
- How to Organize a Garage Sale
You've decided you want a garage sale, here are some helpful hints on how to organize a garage sale. This article is written for my friend Annette. Have a good sale, Annette. What is the purpose of...
- Cleaning a Bedroom for a child aged 6 and under
For the under 6 everything is play in the childs eyes. They don't see play, mess or clean up. You see the messy room or tidy room and its you who wants the transformation from messy...
- Cleaning a Teenagers Messy Bedroom
Teenagers and messy bedrooms, they seem to go together, don't they? If your teenager has a messy bedroom and you don't like it, see it as your problem and not theirs. The question is, What are you...
I'm greatly inspired by Don Aslett's books
More by this Author
When I first started with the Internet and with yahoogroups in particular I kept hearing the name Flylady. I soon investigated and discovered she’s really a lady named Marla Cilley and she gives really helpful...
Many people put their stuff in commercial storage units and forget about it. Except it costs money. Every month you get a bill to pay for the use of that storage space and eventually you pay more for the space than...
It is a rare woman who has just enough clothes in her closet, and not too many. Most women (and men too) have many items they don’t wear but somehow find the surplus difficult to get rid of. Here are some trusted...