How to Simplify Your Move
Moving can be extremely stressful because of all the work, effort, and details that make up the relocation process. Because of this many people find that they become frustrated and are more likely to forget something that they need to do or find themselves accidently breaking something. Fortunately there are several ways in which to make your move as simple and easy as possible.
1. Downsizing: this is an important thing to do if you are moving to a smaller home. Rather than trying to figure out what to throw away when you get to the new home, take the time to downsize as you are packing. This will save time and energy for when you begin settling into your new place.
2. Hire Help: while many people plan to do this anyway, it is an important step in reducing the stress concerning your move. By hiring a moving company or recruiting extra hands, the move will go quicker, the work will be lighter, and everyone will have more energy for more important tasks.
3. Pack in Order: decide which rooms are the least important and pack those first. Packing room by room will allow you to move through the house with as little disruption and disorganization as possible. Also, by first packing rooms that are not critical you will be able to start packing earlier.
4. Label the Boxes: doing this will allow you to keep track of what is in each box, where it should go, and when you will need to unpack it. This will also help you determine how to pack the truck because you will know which boxes hold fragile items or items that need to unpacked first and foremost.
Simplifying your move is primarily about organization and how you organize each step of your move. Organize your items, boxes, and tasks in a way that makes sense to you and one that you can easily follow during the move. Making lists, spreadsheets, schedules, and any other form of task and item tracking will help you stay on top of things. The more organized you are the easier your move will be and the quicker you can get on to other, less stressful things.
- Ray Moving
Ray Moving and Storage, the Mayflower Agent based in North Carolina can help with local, long distance and international moving.
- Moving Tips: Things to Think About Before You Move
Here are a few things you should consider before you decide to move in to a new place; roommates, moving in with your partner, having a checklist of needs, doing your research, and the fine details.
- 21 tips for an easy move - Style At Home
Minimize the stress of moving day with these plan-ahead ideas.
More by this Author
Depending on the environment in which your furnace operates, most HVAC companies recommend all filters be changed at least twice a year. If your home is located in an area with a lot of dust or dirt, you may want to...
countertop There are many different types of stone countertops that are offered on the market. One of the most popular nowadays is limestone. In the past couple of years, limestone has become an increasingly popular...
The Kitchen is an important room in most homes, it’s where families cook and eat together. When considering a new kitchen layout it’s important to understand the pros and cons of each.