How to avoid house clutter and maintain cleanliness at home
How to avoid clutter and maintain cleanliness at home
For most of us who works outside the house, we would like to come home to a house which is clean, orderly and organized at least. The outside world is disorderly enough for us and we would like to relax when we go home. For those who are stay at home people, a clean and orderly home is a sign that we are not bored (meaning you keep on cleaning). The thing is you don’t need to clean as often as it is if you just know how to maintain orderliness.
But, is it possible to have a clean and orderly home, specially if you have children? Sometimes we become hopeless specially if we have children in the household, specially the toddler ones. But yes, we can have an orderly house. It may not be as clean as we envision it, but at least we can immediately find stuff we need on a day to day basis?
Everybody wish that their home would be clutter free also. Sure that would be easier if you leave alone, but as I have said, most households have children and once the children starts coming, we sometimes become frustrated on how to maintain the orderliness we once had.
Whether you’re a mother, father, single parent, living alone here are some tips to avoid clutters and maintain cleanliness at home:
- Don’t postpone cleaning your house. The problem with house orderliness and cleanliness is that if you postpone cleaning or you don’t maintain it, the clutter will just pile up, and you might one day wake up with loads of stuff anywhere staring at your face. Everybody gets frustrated when they cant find what they are looking for.
- All stuff and items should have a place in the house. Put them in their proper place. De-cluttering the house is not humongous task indeed, if you are used to where stuff are put, it should be in their proper places I.e., put all bags of children in one place, books, clothes,
- Don’t do all the housecleaning and maintenance of the house (except of course if you are living alone), let others realize in the household that all of you are responsible to the cleanliness of the house, to each according to its won clutter, depending on the ages of the children of course
- First of all, we should be model to our children, we practice what we preach, avoid leaving stuff anywhere and we are responsible for the items we used, and we should be considerate for the next person who will use the item.
- Think of maintaining the house not as a job but as a way to relax and think while you packing things etc, keep on moving (it’s a form of exercise)for you. While cleaning, I usually do other things. I also sing to make me relax. I am conditioning my mind that I can do it all in no time. It takes time, yes, but I do it one day at a time. If I get burned out in one area then I seat down, drink and relax for a while, then I go back again and clean.
- De-cluttering the house entails work and consistency. Ask the help of the family members including children to help you maintain orderliness. Praise the children if they put their shoes in the proper places. They appreciate the rules when it is consistent and they are praised for maintaining it
- Put away or throw stuff which are not being used. Ask first the owner of the stuff if they want it to be thrown
- It is better to use cabinets which has lots of divisions on it and not wide but vertical.
- Utilize the space under the bed, top of cabinets drawers, etc.
- It is wise to put all together the stuff of a person individually, for example your husbands belt, all clothes in one closets, sports equipment etc.
- Don’t stuff all other items in the garage. Organized the garage so that it looks spic and span too.
Other tips in different areas of the house
- In the bathroom: Put away all bottles of shampoo/soap etc. which has nothing or little on it. The counter of the bathroom, should be free of anything on it so that there is a space. It is either you put the items under the counter or clear it out. Put a a wastebasket in the bathroom, so that people will throw all the tissue etc there. The medicine cabinet should be organized, check on expired medicines, and maintain up to date medicine only, e.g headache, gauze bands etc. Put a flower arrangement if you want.
- In the kitchen, clear the counter, stack the pans nicely, remove items which is not use always, keep the counter always clean and clear. Clean the refrigerator, at least once a week.
- In the bedroom: Ask the help of the people sleeping in the room, for children give them reward or praise them if they clean their own room. For busy adults e.g. for example, your husbands, remind them to do the same (or if their too busy, spare them). Spray air freshener if you like.
- In the living room, it should be presentable and orderly because it is a place for relaxation and for the family to gather for relaxation and accepting visitors. To avoid clutter in this area, avoid eating and making it your bedroom.
More by this Author
In honor of the Cinco de Mayo (May 5) celebration, I will feature in this hub the beautiful, best and famous Mexican actresses and actors. Cinco de Mayo is a celebration in Mexico and in other parts of the world where...
Every year during springtime, April 23 to be exact, the English people celebrate their national day in remembrance of their patron saint -- St. George. St.George is the patron saint of England and he is depicted as a...
Humor Quotes and Funny Jokes About Pregnant Women. I like to read humor and laughter about anything pertaining to the world around us -- people, places, situations and anything which will make me laugh. That's what I do...