How to clean a Dyson
Step by step photos
A Dyson vaccuum (or 'hoover' as we say in the UK) is a sturdy and dependable machine. However, to keep your vaccuum in the best condition, it is best to clean it regularly, here are photo instructions of how to do just that! Note: these instructions are for a DC32 Animal cylinder hoover/canister vaccuum, although most Dysons are similar, so they may also be useful for your make and model of Dyson.
1. Remove the main filter from the side of the machine. It is quite easy to pop off, once you know where it is (see photo).
2. Run this entire filter under running water and give it a few squeezes. As this mainly captures dust at my house, I do not add any soap or any cleansers, just water. Set this aside to dry at least 24 hours.
3. Remove the main cyclone mechanism (the clear bin, where you can see all the dust) from the rest of the machine. To remove it, simply look for the hinge on the side and unlatch it.
4. Rinse the clear plastic bin directly with water, or if your machine is not very dirty, you can just wipe it clean with a damp cloth. If your machine is very dirty, a gentle soap may also be needed to remove any stubborn dirt or grime. Wipe off any excess water.
5. Next, run a slightly damp cloth over the main inside canister to remove any dusty residue. Be careful that your cloth is not too wet though!
6. Once all of the pieces are dry, reassemble your Dyson and get back to work.
Do I really need to clean my Dyson?
Yes! In order to keep it in good working order, it is necessary to give it a little clean every once and a while.
How often do I need to clean my Dyson?
It depends how much you use it, and for what purposes. I clean a one bedroom apartment weekly, and I have one cat. Therefore, I need to clean the air filters about once ever three months.
Is a Dyson really worth the cost? It's a very expensive vaccuum!
Yes, especially if you have pets or sensitivity to dust, it is the best technology to capture pet hair or dust allergens and other particles. If you're concerned about the cost, consider a gently used or refurbished machine. These vaccuums are built to last, so a used one may be the best option for you.
Need more information about your Dyson?
Check the Dyson Support page for your country.
How often do you use your Dyson?See results without voting
More by this Author
The distance between Newark and Doylestown is around 70 miles. With car, it will take around 90 minutes if it is not during the 'rush hour' commuting time. Public transport is easy to use and not so expensive, here is...
Ikea furniture is convenient for college kids or those on a budget. As well, it's easy to move and assemble. It's not difficult to paint Ikea furniture if you'd like to change your your room colors, or if a piece has...
No comments yet.