How to get Grass Stains out of Jeans
Kids are infamous for getting stains on their jeans. If your child was out playing and got grass stains all over his or her jeans you are most certainly looking for an answer on how to get grass stains out of jeans. Perhaps you’re looking for a way to get the grass stains out of your own jeans. Either way, we have the solution for you!
How to get Grass Stains out of Jeans Method 1:
- Check the Tag. Many times clothing will have specific washing requirements. The tag will let you know if there are certain things you cannot do. You don’t want to ruin those jeans while trying to get the stains out!
- Soak in Cold Water. If you don’t have time to address the issue right away, soak the jeans in cold water. Cold water will prevent the stains from setting in the jeans.
- Apply Detergent Directly on Stains. To ensure the best chances of getting the grass stains out of the jeans apply detergent directly to the stains and rub it in. Tide has a product that has rubber bristles and dispenses a small amount of special detergent as you rub it against your clothing. This will help to loosen up the stain. Any laundry detergent and brush will work.
- Run Normal Cycle. After you’ve done the first 2 steps you can run a normal wash cycle. Make sure the stains are out and you can dry them as you normally would.
If the first method didn’t work, try our next method!
How to get Grass Stains out of Jeans Method 2:
- Check the Tag. Always check the tag, just like we did in the first method. If you don’t, you risk ruining the jeans.
- Bleach. Apply a small amount of color safe bleach into your wash and run a normal wash cycle. This will usually remove the stains.
- Air Dry. After you take out the jeans from the washer make sure to check and see that the stain has been removed. If you attempt to dry the jeans and they are still stained you will set the stain forever. Heat sets stains. Let them air dry.
How to get Grass Stains out of Jeans Method 3:
- Check the Tag. You know the drill!
- Create a Soaking Mixture. In a small pale, create a mixture of laundry detergent and water. Use an enzyme laundry detergent for the best results. Soak the jeans for 30 minutes.
- Wash In Warm Water. After the jeans have soaked, wash them in the warmest water possible. Check the tag to make sure the jeans can go in warm water without shrinking. It shouldn’t be a problem for jeans, but you can never be too safe!
- Air Dry The Jeans. Air dry the jeans and make sure the stain is completely gone. As previously mentioned, using the dryer can set stains and make them impossible to get out.
Using one of these 3 methods should take care of your grass stain issue! If one of the methods helped you remove the grass stains or if you have learned a better method of how to get grass stains out of jeans we would love to hear about it in the comments section below!