How to get Sweat Stains out of Clothes
It's about time you learn how to get sweat stains out of clothes! Nearly all of us have experienced yellow stains in the armpits of our favorite shirts. Most of us have stains in every shirt we own but we can only see them in our lighter colored shirts. Most people have sweat stain issues in the armpits of their clothing. Contrary to popular belief, these “sweat stains” are actually caused by deodorant. The deodorant mixed with perspiration creates a yellow substance that stains our clothes. They can be a pain to get out if you don’t know the proper remedies. Please see our methods for getting sweat stains out of clothes.
How to get Sweat Stains out of Clothes Method 1: Baking Soda and Peroxide
- Mix some baking soda and hydrogen peroxide together. It will create a bubbly substance that you will rub into the sweat stains. Rub a healthy amount of it deep into the stain and let it sit.
- Note: Peroxide has been known to take the color out of shirts. I’ve never personally seen in happen, but don’t use too much peroxide. Just use enough to make a nice paste with the baking soda. If you are afraid of the peroxide bleaching your clothes, just mix a little bit of water with the baking soda to make a paste and follow the same process. It will work best with peroxide though.
- Next, leave the baking soda and hydrogen peroxide on the shirt and soak the entire shirt in hot water for about 30 minutes. Check the tag on your clothing to make sure it’s ok to put the clothing in hot water. If it’s not, then use warm water.
- After the article of clothing has soaked for 30 minutes, take it out and put it directly into the washing machine. Run a normal load and the stain should be gone!
How to get Sweat Stains out of Clothes Method 2: Oxy Clean
- We’ve all heard of Oxy Clean from the infomercials. It’s now in almost every big grocery store in the country. It works great for removing sweat stains! Simply run a normal load of laundry with the Oxy Clean detergent and your sweat stains should vanish. I would recommend pre-treating the stains by rubbing some Oxy Clean detergent directly onto the stains before washing. It will help to loosen up the stain before you wash the clothing.
How to get Sweat Stains out of Clothes Method 3: Use Ivory Soap
- Ivory Soap has been around forever. It’s one of the oldest soaps on the market. I bet you never thought of it as an excellent stain remover!
- Purchase a bar of Ivory Soap and get the stained areas damp with water.
- Rub the soap onto the stained areas. Put a healthy amount of soap into the affected areas. The goal with this is to pre-treat the stains for the regular wash.
- Soak the clothing in cold water.
- Run a normal wash. After you’ve reached this point take the clothing out of the washing machine and make sure the stains are gone. It’s a good idea to let the clothing air dry to ensure the stain is completely gone. If you dry the clothing in the dryer the stain will set forever and you will never be able to get it out.
Method 4: Vinegar and Water
This is one of the oldest methods there is. However, if you want to learn how to get sweat stains out of clothes it’s still incredibly effective. Take about ¾ cup of vinegar and pour it into your regular wash. Run the washing machine on its normal cycle and this will remove most of the stains. It’s a good idea to pre-treat these stains using a combination of vinegar and water as well. After the wash has ran its cycle, take the clothing out and make sure the stains are gone. Let the shirt air dry to be sure. After this, you will want to run the clothing through the wash one more time using a normal detergent to get the smell of vinegar out of the clothing.
Was this article helpful?See results without voting
Recommended Sweat Removal Products
No comments yet.