I Never Thought Of That....Helpful Hints...How to Get Rid of Offensive Odor
Have you ever said, concerning some simple occurrence, or situation, "I never thought of that?" Well it's in that spirit that I write this hub. As you read you'll see a few of the tidbits, maybe some everyday helpful little tips and hints, or just downright, "I never thought of that," situation, that I've either used, heard, read or researched and found to be interesting, and enlightening.
I realize as you read these, "never thought of" tidbits, some of you might think, "does she think we're stupid." To that I say no. Just think of the billions of things that the average person has learned during their lifetime, some as simple as learning to walk, talk, turn on and off lights, or more complicated things such as learning to build a house, operate a computer, and navigate the Internet. When we view these "never thought of" items in that light it's not unimaginable that a few of these seemingly simple things would have slipped through the cracks of your lifetime education.
Before I begin I must put in a, well maybe you could call it a disclaimer, some of these seem so ridiculously simple that you might scoff at them, but trust me I've actually had experience with someone that "never thought of" some of these.
So if you've never thought of some of these, or maybe you have and were too hesitant to implement them, well now is the time to do just that, put them into practice in your day to day living.
I Never Thought Of That
Of course, as some of you that read my hub, I Love To Clean, knew that I had to include some of my cleaning tidbits that maybe you've never thought of. These are all random, in no particular order.
1. Well, while cleaning out some old clothes that my children left behind I ran across numerous old cotton gym socks, when about to toss them I had what I called a brainstorm. Actually I think that I read this somewhere, anyway I put one on my hand and began to dust everything in sight. My hand can reach places that most of those new fangled gadgets can't reach, and just think how cheap that is. So now, instead of tossing those old worn out cotton gym socks, why not use them to not only clean, but also to save money. So have you ever thought of that?
2. Don't throw away those old toothbrushes, they are useful for so many things. For instance I use them to clean the jets in my jacuzzi tub. I spray the jets with a cleaning solution then use the brush to lightly brush them , on that note I also use a small baby bottle brush to clean the jets.
3. This is a good one. Have you ever bought something and it seemed at the time to be a good deal? Well, that was what happened to me. I bought cucumbers at 7 for 99 cents, they're normally .99 each. Just as I thought, it was too good to be true, after peeling and biting into it, oh my goodness, it was so bitter that I couldn't eat it. Not wanting to lose even that 99 cents I decided to try to salvage it, and I peeled deeper, and voile the bitterness was gone. I peeled it until I saw no more green from the peel, so now I am able to eat all of the formerly bitter cucumbers. Actually that was a while back and I've had the experience more than once, and I do the same every time, and it works.
4. Okay here's one that most of you might say, "she thinks we're stupid." Did you know that the shoulder strap on your automobile seatbelt is adjustable? It can be raised or lowered according to your height. The reason this one came up is because I was riding with a friend the other day and I don't know why the conversation came up, however I mentioned to her that she could adjust her seatbelt, and she confirmed that she never knew that.
5. Now this is one that I read somewhere. When you park your car, always turn your wheels towards the curb, (unless you're on a hill, then the opposite is true), that prevents thieves from towing your car away. In this day and age we can't be too cautious, so whether you think you need this tip or not, it doesn't hurt to implement it.
6. Here is another of those "duh" tips. The reason this one came up is because, I have a friend that uses fresh garlic daily for immune system boosting. Anyway as we all know when you use fresh garlic daily it is exuded through your pores, and to some the pungent odor is offensive. One day we were riding along and the conversation came up, and I mentioned that when I use fresh garlic on a regular basis I eat parsley, or drink parsley tea, and that cuts down on the offensive odor. She was very appreciative, as she had never thought of that.
7. This is another of those that I read. This concerns opening a sealed envelope without damaging the glue. The advice is, slip the envelope inside of a plastic bag and leave it for a few hours. The envelope is easily opened with a knife run under the flap, leaving the glue in good shape. This is helpful in the event you forgot to include something in the envelope and not wanting to use another one. I never thought of that.
More To Come
This is getting kind of long, and I have quite a few more, so I will continue this in a series of hubs. Stay tuned for more to come. By the way, feel free to leave your own, "I never thought of that."
© 2010 Alfreta Sailor
More by this Author
Have you ever wondered who your elders are, and what they have to offer? Well read on and see just who they could be and what advice they might have to offer.
Do you love to clean? I do, read on and see if you can identify with some of my proclivities.
One of our all time favorite comedians, Sinbad.