I Never Thought Of That VIII....Helpful Hints...How to Keep Free Flowing Drain
More Good Ones
- Are you constantly tightening your eyeglass screws? Most of us who wear glasses for any reason can answer in the affirmative, so here's a really good tip. Apply a little clear nail polish to the threads of the screw if it's already out. If it's just loose, drop a small dollop around the area where the screw meets the hole, and tighten.
- Do you find that your pets dish is hard to clean at times. Well, let's try something that might work. Spray the animal's dish with nonstick cooking spray before putting food in the dish, (the spray is safe for pets), making the dish easy to clean.
- It always amazes me when I see someone trying every key on their key chain to get into their own home or any regularly frequented place, i.e., work, business etc. My remedy for that is to use those color coded rubber key toppers. Well, I found another one. The suggestion is to paint the tops of the key the same color as the door you're entering. Sounds good to me. I have also used nail polish, but it wears off over time.
- I just read a really good one. I buy those new floor sweepers, (Swiffer), etc. Well, the pads can be expensive, if used on a regular basis, and I tend to use them up rather fast. I use them not just for dusting but also for water drops, or other minor stains or spills on the floor, well here's the advice. Buy a roll of heavy duty paper towels (which are the same size as the pads),and use them for those incidental spills or minor stains.
- I found a few interesting uses for Listerine other than the usual, as a mouthwash. There's the one about being a treatment for toenail fungus, (soak toes in mouthwash full strength). Also a balm for broken blisters, (dab on blister with cotton). The fact is, Listerine is a powerful antiseptic, and is a remedy for these, and many similar problems.
- Want to keep a drain flowing freely? How about a non chemical method. Here's a kitchen remedy that might be of interest. Mix 1/4 cup table salt, 1/2 cup baking soda, pour down the drain, then pour in 1 cup of heated vinegar, and let stand for 15 minutes, there after run hot tap water down the drain for about 30 seconds, for a smooth running drain. This remedy is not meant to unclog a drain, just to keep one free flowing.
So there you have it. Stay tuned, more to come.
- Household Helpful Hints
Take your bananas apart when you get home from the store. If you leave them connected at the stem, they ripen faster. Store your opened chunks of cheese in aluminum foil. It will stay fresh much longer...
© 2010 Alfreta Sailor
More by this Author
Have you ever wondered who your elders are, and what they have to offer? Well read on and see just who they could be and what advice they might have to offer.
Do you love to clean? I do, read on and see if you can identify with some of my proclivities.
One of our all time favorite comedians, Sinbad.