Easy Gutter Instalation
How to Repair or Replace Gutters
Always when using a ladder Look for wire’s coming off the house. This is where your cable service or power supply to your house come in. DO NOT TOUCH the wires be extremely careful that the ladder does not touch these wires. ELECTROCUTION HAZARD. That being said I will now move on. Always make sure you ladder is in a secure spot and does not tip or slide. First remove the old gutter. Then Measure the total length. This is the length that you will either have to make or buy from your local Home Improvement Store. If it has a corner in it or you can’t buy a long enough piece then there are ways to make it longer. Just buy two pieces and we will join them into one piece.
Materials and Tool Needed
1/8” drill bit
Gutter Seal Med. Size tube
Drop Tube this is what the downspouts connect onto.
Left end cap
Right end cap
Inside or outside corner if needed
Enough hangers to space every 16 to not less than 24 inches
1. Measure the gutter that is needed I like to overhang the outside by an inch or two.
2. Then I like to assemble the whole thing on the ground and put it up.
3. Carefully measuring, first determine where the drop tube is going to be. Hold the new drop tube inside the gutter and trace the design of the drop tube inside this is where you are going to cut a hole to fit the tube it needs to be cut out so the tube just drops through the hole. See figure A
4. Using a ½ drill, drill a hole in the middle and the using the snips cut it out. Sharp Edges
5. After getting a good fit, drill a 1/8” hole thru each of the pre punched hole in the drop tube and rivet from the outside. Making sure that the drop tube and the gutter are pushed tight together. If it is not tight then the job is going to look bad and will maybe leak.
6. After riveting all of the holes the next put some gutter seal around the edges, and on top of the rivets. See figure A
7. Next install an end cap by pushing onto the end of the gutter and putting in 3 rivets riveting from the outside. Then gutter seal the seam and the rivet tops. See Photo D
8. Next install a connector if needed using a square See Photo E draw a line around the outside cut to size using a Sawsall See Photo C. or use a pair of snips. If you need two pieces to make up the length I always try to join it in the middle. Cut a piece of gutter 6 inches in length See Photo F or buy a joint from your home center. Pushes both ends together and then drill 3 - 1/8” hole and rivet it from the outside. Then apply gutter seal to the seam and rivets.
9. Then measure the position of your hangers. Position about every 16 to 24 inches.
More by this Author
I hope that this will help you design and build steps on your deck
I hope this step by step instruction helps you with your deck project
i hope that you find these picture's and explanations easy to follow and please read part 2 and 3
No comments yet.